U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Unread 02-17-2012, 12:01 AM
 
Location: southern california
46,603 posts, read 40,998,467 times
Reputation: 37230
cane beatings.
Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:10 AM
 
Location: 15206
1,120 posts, read 596,504 times
Reputation: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarisnowday View Post
My, this combined with the Target incident sure is a black mark on East Liberty's recent record. As someone hoping to buy a house this year, I've seen several promising properties in East Liberty...but this definitely has me thinking twice about it.
Most of those houses in east liberty Already sold. There will be more though. Those houses are closer to highland park than the business core, which is closest to Shadyside.

From what i understand, Many of these anarchist fools aren't from pgh. The rest are probably 19 and will chill out once their trust funds run out or when they start reproducing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:41 AM
 
Location: PB
3,807 posts, read 2,363,200 times
Reputation: 2504
Does anyone even have an inkling of information about this other than a Post Gazette article and some pieces of paper? I haven't seen a single photo/video/news reel etc.

Just seems sketchy.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Umbrosa Regio
1,255 posts, read 550,896 times
Reputation: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
Does anyone even have an inkling of information about this other than a Post Gazette article and some pieces of paper? I haven't seen a single photo/video/news reel etc.

Just seems sketchy.
Two broken windows.

I don't see this as being a big deal overall and is pretty close to meaningless.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
3,285 posts, read 1,953,483 times
Reputation: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRefugee View Post
Two broken windows.

I don't see this as being a big deal overall and is pretty close to meaningless.

If it was just a random, isolated situation, you might be right.


But it looks like the work of an organized group of anarchists looking to terrorize the neighborhood and the city.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:48 AM
 
Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,338 posts, read 4,576,568 times
Reputation: 53355
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
If it was just a random, isolated situation, you might be right.


But it looks like the work of an organized group of anarchists looking to terrorize the neighborhood and the city.
Yeah, I feel like it's a bit of a paranoid over-reaction but my first thought was that it was a strange 'coincidence' that it was a diner and a PNC bank again - like the diner and PNC in Oakland that were targeted by anarchists during the G8. Yes, it's been a couple of years between incidents, but it seems more relevant considering current circumstances with the Occupy movement.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Umbrosa Regio
1,255 posts, read 550,896 times
Reputation: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Yeah, I feel like it's a bit of a paranoid over-reaction but my first thought was that it was a strange 'coincidence' that it was a diner and a PNC bank again - like the diner and PNC in Oakland that were targeted by anarchists during the G8. Yes, it's been a couple of years between incidents, but it seems more relevant considering current circumstances with the Occupy movement.
If there are several reports in the coming months of bandana-wearing ruffians running loose, breaking a window or two, and distributing leaflets, I'd probably agree that there's something broader going on. But from what I read and saw, it looks neither particularly organized nor particularly large. Let's hope it stays that way.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:58 AM
 
3,013 posts, read 1,531,120 times
Reputation: 1563
I wouldn't read much more into it then a group of losers that need a good beating by the police.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
10,242 posts, read 5,924,042 times
Reputation: 2674
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I wouldn't read much more into it then a group of losers that need a good beating by the police.
If that is what it takes to make the area safe, I am all for it. No room for youths terrorizing everyone. Guess I need to have my guard up more.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:50 AM
 
7,339 posts, read 5,871,122 times
Reputation: 4646
you guys really would have enjoyed the complete lack of street crime and vandalism in stalinist russia.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top