Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 07:08 PM

55 posts, read 124,342 times

Advertisements

My husband, daughters and I relocated to Pittsburgh in August, from the DC area. Im from Reston, and lived there most of my life. I was dreading the move but now that we are here I LOVE it. I have been pleasantly surprised constantly with all that Pittsburgh has to offer. It is likely we will be moving to NYC in a year or so, which really bums me out. I want to stay here for so many reasons. We live in Regent Square and love it- though we are looking at it from a kid friendly perspective, not so much about the night life.
So I say go for it, move to Pittsburgh. This place is really amazing, and far exceeds expectations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 07:40 PM

Ive heard great things about Mozart Rentals- we live near one of their properties. They only have one pet friendly location- its the Heidelberg near Frick Park. From my experience here your best bet is to actually drive around here and find signs for rentals. TONS of these properties dont have websites or posts but there are rentals all over the place. We wish we had the time to have been able to do that. This isnt much of an offer, but if you were interested in rentals in the Regent Square area Id be happy to find send you phone numbers of properties I see around. Im a stay at home Mom and my daughters and I walk ALL OVER the area and we pass places often.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 AM

102 posts, read 187,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingIsSexy27 View Post
Ive heard great things about Mozart Rentals- we live near one of their properties. They only have one pet friendly location- its the Heidelberg near Frick Park. From my experience here your best bet is to actually drive around here and find signs for rentals. TONS of these properties dont have websites or posts but there are rentals all over the place. We wish we had the time to have been able to do that. This isnt much of an offer, but if you were interested in rentals in the Regent Square area Id be happy to find send you phone numbers of properties I see around. Im a stay at home Mom and my daughters and I walk ALL OVER the area and we pass places often.

wow that is really nice of you! Sure if you see something that looks nice, pass the number along. I will hopefully be up there again mid to end of next month to take a look as well. thank you so much. I have contacted Mozart as well, although I think their one property that allows pets might be a bit out of my price range.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Are you looking for a 1 bedroom? Ill be out on Wednesday and ill send you any messages I find!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 PM

17 posts, read 17,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Late spring early summer. August can be humid
If she's lived in DC, our humidity will be nothing to her!

OP, just don't cheer for the Caps.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM

17 posts, read 17,337 times
Regent Square is my favorite city neighborhood. Great place to live, wonderful "village" atmosphere, shops, restaurants, proximity, Frick Park...etc. Lots of cool places to rent, maybe even some houses for rent if that's your thing.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghVixen View Post
If she's lived in DC, our humidity will be nothing to her!

OP, just don't cheer for the Caps.

Haha this is part of the reason why I want to try to move before July. CAN NOT STAND summer here! lol.

Also, I am not a huge sports person, so I don't really cheer for anyone.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 PM

248 posts, read 326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
On another forum, I proposed an "Oh, for G*d's sake" icon. This is a post that would benefit from such icon in response. My BFF from high school moved to the DC area 40+ years ago (from the Pgh area), has been there ever since. Her sister moved there a few years later and is still there. Most of the people there are not political appointees, they may work for the govt. or govt contractors as my friend, her sister and their spouses all have/still do, but they don't change jobs with each new administration. My friend seems to have found a great sense of community where she lives.
Sorry if offense was taken, that was just my take on the city and partly why the wife and I have decided not to settle permanently in the D.C. area. We're moving to Pittsburgh this summer after having lived in numerous places around D.C. for the last 14 years. Perhaps D.C. was different in the past.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 PM

Does anyone know of Highland Park Club apartments? At Negley and Wellsley? They are pet friendly and I'm thinking of checking out a unit when I go to visit again. Just wonder what that area is like or if it's a good building.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:45 PM

524 posts, read 1,036,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcgirl View Post
Does anyone know of Highland Park Club apartments? At Negley and Wellsley? They are pet friendly and I'm thinking of checking out a unit when I go to visit again. Just wonder what that area is like or if it's a good building.
I've only been in one of their apartments, and just briefly, as I was buying something from a Craigslist seller, but it seemed decent. The apartment complex has quite a bit of open park-like space, and is pretty quiet. The surrounding area is nice (though Negley gets a good bit of traffic), and you're within a couple of blocks of the Park itself, as well as my favorite coffee shop, Tazza D'Oro. There is a small business area on Bryant Street with some good restaurants. You're also just over a mile from Whole Foods, Target and the Shadyside Giant Eagle. It's also convenient because you're five minutes from the Waterworks shopping center across the river, and another ten minutes to Pittsburgh Mills Mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh