U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-13-2012, 06:34 AM

4,214 posts, read 888,879 times
Default Another shooting in Penn Hills

This whole area of PH is going south real quik, this is an early report, I will update when available. Looks like the ghetto scum is trying to ruin PH as it did Homewood.

One dead, two hurt in Penn Hills shooting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-13-2012, 07:05 AM

3,801 posts, read 2,348,589 times
Wow, a home invasion and murder. You can't get much more savage than that.

Unread 03-13-2012, 07:56 AM

747 posts, read 504,400 times
The mother was most likely killed due to the actions of her son. Parents turn a blind eye to their childrens illicit underground lifestyles. This is the result of denial......

Unread 03-13-2012, 04:13 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,316,865 times
This is rather sad but... well... This is home invasion type of double shooting is nothing new for the Lincoln Park-Hilltop/Eastwood/Laketown Heights area of Penn Hills!
Shoot, first it was SW Penn Hills, then SW Penn Hills & section 8 (like Hulton Arbors/Leechburg Gardens/Bale Drive), but I assume that now crime & riff-raff is spreading to other parts of PH... After all, besides the city of Pittsburgh proper Penn Hills had the highest homicide count of any municipality in Allegheny County including other rougher ones like: "Dub State-Wilckinsbkurg"-Wilkinsburg, "Swizzy"-bad part of Swissvale, "tha Rocks"-McKees Rocks, "Da M.O."-Mt Oliver, "Homicide-town"-Homestead, "400blocc Guttacide Braddocc"-Braddock, "1200 UpT Braddocc"-North Braddock, "Robb'em"-Rankin, "C-town"-Clairton "Tha Duke"-Duquesne, "Murda'for'dem'ckeys'Port"-McKeesport.

Unread 03-13-2012, 04:27 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,164,338 times
Not a home invasion! It doesn't appear that the perp forced his way inside.

Unread 03-13-2012, 04:54 PM

747 posts, read 504,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins View Post
The mother was most likely killed due to the actions of her son. Parents turn a blind eye to their childrens illicit underground lifestyles. This is the result of denial......
I apologize for my former post. I knew both victims from different places and would not have known the 2 were related. The young man works at our local giant eagle and was a gpod kid. He would always help as needed. Debby(the owner) and the entire staff is devastated. I recognize the mother from the p17 express bus. This was a vicious murder and could have been domestic.

I am so sad. My kids saw the news footage as his picture was displayed. I had explain the terrible incident to a 10 & 12 year old.

so sad...

Unread 03-13-2012, 05:08 PM

37,265 posts, read 38,414,735 times
To me, "home invasion" means strangers busting down a stranger's door. This is like a domestic since everyone knew each other.

Unread 03-13-2012, 05:11 PM

37,265 posts, read 38,414,735 times
Quote:
I'm so sad. My kids saw the news footage as his picture was displayed. I had explain the terrible incident to a 10 & 12 year old.
That is so sad. I wouldn't know where to begin explaining something like this to children.

Unread 03-14-2012, 08:43 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,164,338 times
Apparently, the killers came to get the visitor. The mother and her son were innocent victims.

Unread 03-14-2012, 09:18 AM

18,402 posts, read 12,496,978 times
Quote:

I am so sad. My kids saw the news footage as his picture was displayed. I had explain the terrible incident to a 10 & 12 year old.

so sad...
My heart goes out to you. That is indeed a gut wrenching thing to do. Many years ago one of our neighbors was murdered on the Santa Monica Freeway when he stopped to help someone change a tire. It was just a random act of violence. I didn't know him well, but even though that was more than 20 years ago I'll never forget how it felt to tell my daughter, or to see the story on the news. I finally refused to watch tv for about 3 weeks because even if you tried to avoid the news the story would come on during commercial breaks.

My heart also goes out to the family and friends of the victims in this shooting. Very sad story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh