Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 09:06 PM

9 posts, read 11,770 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I moved to the PGH area for work last summer from Boston and am currently in Wexford. Chose this area because it is close to my coworker and I am in sales and have an all north sales territory.

I am looking to move a little closer to the action so I can meet more people and have more going on socially. I should mention I am 25 female with 2 small dogs. Looking for a nice safe neighborhood with easy access to the north and a little character. Any suggestions...?

Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,258,906 times
The Perrysville neighborhood in Ross township north of West View is nice- a lot of apartments and amenities, close to shopping over on McKnight as well.

Its a quicker trip into the city from I-279 at the Bellevue/West View exit from there.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:58 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor88 View Post
Hello all,

I moved to the PGH area for work last summer from Boston and am currently in Wexford. Chose this area because it is close to my coworker and I am in sales and have an all north sales territory.

I am looking to move a little closer to the action so I can meet more people and have more going on socially. I should mention I am 25 female with 2 small dogs. Looking for a nice safe neighborhood with easy access to the north and a little character. Any suggestions...?

Thank you!!!
Would you want to live in the city or just near it??

Old 03-25-2012, 10:59 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Would you want to live in the city or just near it??
This. Plus maybe an idea of rent budget and what type of rental (though you'll be hamstrung a little bit with dogs, but at least they're small which is not as hard as a large dog).

North access is pretty easy anyway for the most part. You might not want to live waaay on the East End but you could live in some parts of the city perhaps. As long as you're not headed out north at evening rush or headed into the city at morning rush (unlikely scenarios) it's effectively against the traffic flow anyway.

If the city feels too far from some of your far-flung sales territory (could be, depending upon where the farthest points are) I like that Perrysville area of Ross idea. You could also choose something like Aspinwall or Bellevue. You're going to find more singles in city neighborhoods though, although the most typical ones don't have the best access to the north. Lawrenceville or Bloomfield wouldn't be too bad for north access. Depends upon whether you want a real urban neighborhood (which those two are) or a suburb with more character (which the earlier suggestions are).

Old 03-26-2012, 05:53 AM

9 posts, read 11,770 times
Thank you all for your advice. As far as a budget goes I'll do up to 1200/month for the right place. Someone else had mentioned lawrenceville to me so I will have to check it out. Would like to be in more "city" neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh