U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 AM

9,882 posts, read 9,533,017 times
For 30 miles, at that range of speed, that has to be purposeful. Otherwise the difference in speed would eventually sort it out a bit.

BTW, everyone thinks they're the good, reasonable driver when in reality we're mostly pretty bad. I like to think I'm at least a little more aware when I'm doing something that's unsafe, that at least I KNOW it's unsafe as opposed to the seemingly oblivious. But I'm not going to try to claim higher ground; that's just not appropriate for anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 11:00 AM

685 posts, read 415,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
For 30 miles, at that range of speed, that has to be purposeful.
I assumed it would be obvious from my description even though I didn't state that, but yes, definitely purposeful. Still idiot drivers.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:01 AM

685 posts, read 415,199 times
In that situation I was the safe driver. At other times, as I've stated, probably less so. Apologies in advance if I pass you doing 90 in a 45 or if I cut you off or pass you in a no passing zone.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:01 AM

250 posts, read 138,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
My point is, people do ridiculous things in traffic every day, knowing the police most likely aren't going to be around to do a thing about it. They also know they can screw with most people and most people are to afraid to fight back. My goal is to leave that person with the impression that it's not always a good idea to screw with any old stranger on the road.

Or leave them with a broken neck. I hope the next time you do something like that, a cop sees you do it and writes you a ticket for reckless driving. Don't you see that you are part of the problem, not part of the solution?

At least you realize you are a road rager.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 AM

3,191 posts, read 3,849,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvdog View Post
Or leave them with a broken neck.
Maybe so. And then maybe after they get a broken neck, they'll realize it wasn't such a smart idea to screw with a stranger on the highway.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 AM

250 posts, read 138,025 times
How do you know they were "screwing with you"? What if someone just wasn't paying attention and did something stupid? If someone steps on your toe, do you really need to turn around and drop an anvil on their foot?

I'm always amazed at people who love to escalate situations just to prove how big their d**k is. And a lot of these people, not coincidentally, seem to love to drive big vehicles.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 AM

3,516 posts, read 2,074,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Maybe so. And then maybe after they get a broken neck, they'll realize it wasn't such a smart idea to screw with a stranger on the highway.
You might want to stop now - telling the world how you intentionally slam your brakes on in front of people, follow them from Braddock to Westmoreland county, now hoping broken necks upon those that slight you on the highway coupled with your earlier instances of saying how you've punched, kicked & have thrown a brick at a vehicle paints you as someone with some mental disorder of some sort:

Old 03-27-2012, 11:24 AM

8,293 posts, read 7,360,426 times
Quote:
I'm always amazed at people who love to escalate situations just to prove how big their d**k is. And a lot of these people, not coincidentally, seem to love to drive big vehicles.
You know what they say: Little d**k, big car.

I drive a Mini-Cooper.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 AM

3,191 posts, read 3,849,885 times
Quote:
How do you know they were "screwing with you"? What if someone just wasn't paying attention and did something stupid? If someone steps on your toe, do you really need to turn around and drop an anvil on their foot?

I'm always amazed at people who love to escalate situations just to show how big their d**k is.

Here's a great example: recently, I was driving north on 279. As I approched the on ramp from Perrysville, a red Nissan Frontier 4X4 got on, and immediately got in the left lane. I was crusing along, minding my own business, attempting to pass a car to the right of me. The Frontier was ahead of me in the pass lane. You could clearly see he was watching me in his rear view mirror and his drivers side mirror, intentionally holding back on passing the car. When he got clear of the car we are both passing, he signaled as if he was going to change lanes, appeared to swith lanes, but would quickly swerve back in the passing lane.

Now what does that sound like to you?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:57 AM

569 posts, read 385,189 times
there are definitely people who will screw with you when they see you are an unstable, easily angered person.
no doubt about that.

there are tons of things i've seen people do..find someone going slow in the right lane, and drive directly beside them in the left lane for awhile.
get in front of that truck driver and right as you start ascending a hill, slow down to 40 or something(most trucks won't be able to pick up their speed again until they get over the hill and will take them 3x longer to get up that hill)

to be honest if i had to get into a jam packed parkway, i live by the rule that very few people will purposely run into you and i will often force my merge, because very few people will be cool and let you in with a smile and a wave.
now when i do that, i can either
1. drive on because everyone realizes you have to get in and moves on..(most likely)
2. see you honking and screaming and get scared, pull over and let you get those 2 seconds of highway back(not likely)
3. see you get so worked up and irritated over something so dumb, screw with you a little more to see if a heart attack ensues(not my style but a lot of people would)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh