U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 AM

3,796 posts, read 1,741,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Have you ever thought of maybe the kids are grown, the vehicle is paid for and they continue to drive it instead of going into debt for a smaller vehicle or maybe they like the safety/security they feel being in the larger vehicle?
In that case, I'd definitely consider that obnoxious waste. Sorry.

You're talking about owning an Escalade and "going into debt" for a smaller vehicle? Really?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 11:38 AM

1,496 posts, read 890,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oh, that drives me nuts. I'm thinking, "dude, would you like me to slide under the semi?" Nope, I'll pass it safely, and then get over. And it's too bad you rarely see state troopers out around here, because it always is a nice bit of schadenfreude when you see them pulled over a few miles up the road.
It's right up there with people that get on your tail and think that that's going to make you magically be able to drive faster than the person in front of you.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:40 AM

686 posts, read 411,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
In that case, I'd definitely consider that obnoxious waste. Sorry.

You're talking about owning an Escalade and "going into debt" for a smaller vehicle? Really?
Hahahaha, well, yeah, because if you're an Escalade owner the smaller vehicles which you might consider would be BMWs and Porsches.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:48 AM

4,387 posts, read 3,017,862 times
City Data: stereotyping is OK as long as the targets are suburbanites.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:05 PM

5,453 posts, read 3,810,870 times
Well there "is" something about it...at my kids school there is one Escalade that can NEVER park in the line, not once. It parks...ready...ON the corner...half way over the sidewalk...and not even close enough to the sidewalk for other cars to pass her. Literally leaves about 3 1/2 feet. On a street where cars are parked on both sides of the road, and so we all end up having to sit there like idiots until her kid shows up, and we can all go. VERY rude. But I guess that's what money does to some people!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:08 PM

3,170 posts, read 6,580,674 times
It's always luxury cars and small hondas and toyotas that tailgate me!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:13 PM

3,514 posts, read 2,070,351 times
Terrible drivers come in all vehicles, all colors, all income levels, etc etc - unless someone is driving dangerously (and this includes aggressive tailgaters & lane changers just as much as people driving slowly or unaware of their surroundings) then beyond that I really could care less what anyone else chooses to spend their money on to drive. The class warfare is tiring.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:27 PM

717 posts, read 565,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
It doesn't matter the MSRP what matters is the message it conveys.
Just because the Escalade is more expensive doesn't mean it equates to a desirable vehicle.

You can have an older Volvo station wagon vs a new Dodge Challenger and I bet you the older established money within the context of class stratification equates to the Volvo not the Challenger.
I understand what you are saying, and I agree with you to a certain degree. However, out in the exurbs, there is no real association between the ghetto and the Escalade; it is simply viewed as a luxury SUV for upper middle class.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:27 PM

1,337 posts, read 800,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why not

Trucks, SUV's, Vans here <-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cars over here somewhere, maybe, IF I allowed them in the parking lot at all----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> ok, maybe across the street in someone else's parking lot.
Trucks, SUVs and Vans should not be allowed to park in normal sized parking lots or spaces.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 PM

227 posts, read 637,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
Can you elaborate on why they think they own the road?

Are you by chance obstructing the left lane?
I was going to the flats yesterday with my sig other. Got through ft pitt tunnel following the signs to exit onto another road. Merged to the left lane with about 3 car lengths and the guy layed on the horn for about 30 seconds and was looking at me like I was the anti Christ.. I ignored him due to it being Sunday and being with someone. He was a middle aged douchebag dressed like he was heading to the local country club to play a few rounds. Most of the drivers in the Burg are very forgiving from my experience. I am not one to ever get in a road rage incident but will generally put you in your place if in a situation where innocents will not be effected. Can't wait till the day this idiot does it to someone with not much to live for. PS.. Love your city and the vast majority of the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh