Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:06 PM

3 posts, read 8,065 times

Advertisements

Up to 3 hour delay's on the Parkway North Thursday morning into the city. Why ? The city Public Work's Dept decided to paint and do road work starting at 8:00 am just in time for the am rush. To make matters worse only 2 City police officers were swamped with all the traffic detail. Public works director Guy Costa was interviewed and asked why start at 8 in the morning. His response while picking his nose was " well that's when we get the paint, cement, etc" Costa should not be wearing a suit and should be sweeping up trash. Pittsburgh and it's 'old boy same ole same old in control 'continue to make the city a complete JOKE. Lazy, non educated, non professional, political junkies will continue to lead Pittsburgh into a hole. It's actually sort of funny watching these characters waddle out onto Grant Street from my office window. Oh and what's up with Luke and city hall not allowing public records to be known. But hey, the goofy not motivated city voters will play posum and roll over. You get what you deserve guy's !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,066,997 times
I saw that traffic on my way out of town heading to Sewickley for a screening, it was wicked and Guy Costa is a moron.

But we're bad off and deserve it based on the Public Work's Dept? That's a pretty stupid thing to say.

Last edited by guylocke; 09-13-2007 at 08:28 PM..

Old 09-13-2007, 08:27 PM

214 posts, read 241,522 times
Why is your name Denver Tech Center? Do you work at the Denver Tech Center or something? Are you living here? I don't get it.

Why are all these negitive post always saying that Pittsburgh is uneducated, and lazy.

Last I heard we ranked like third most literate city, and high on the list for people with a college degree.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:33 PM

Who knows RowJimmy, I already reported the post as pure garbage. It has no merit on anything and could not possibly benefit anyone on these threads. It's not even constructive criticism or a difference of opinion, it is simple degradation that I won't further discuss. :P

Old 09-13-2007, 08:34 PM

I will admit, the construction process is horrible managed here, but why does that make proof that this city is so bad off. You ever sat through construction in Chicago or Washington before? Maybe its not as nice as the Denver Tech center area, but we don't have thousand of square miles of untouched prairee land to keep making more new highways, bi-ways, etc. EVERY east coast city has these problems. I admit, we should deal with trying to find a solution instead of just saying "Deal with it". I get pissed they do the same construction year in and year out on the same roads. Part of it is unions, but don't get me into that.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:44 PM

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............ ...............

what about the our mayor getting those new affordable apartments converted in the cultural district. I love when I walk downtown and see all these old beautiful highrises being preserved and having a new function with living spaces. It is nice that now there will be affordable ones for people like me. I think by 2009 there is suppose to be 1000 new residents down there, and that will just be the beginning of it. I could just imagine having a loft in the Grant building.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I love when I walk downtown and see all these old beautiful highrises being preserved and having a new function with living spaces. It is nice that now there will be affordable ones for people like me. I think by 2009 there is suppose to be 1000 new residents down there, and that will just be the beginning of it. I could just imagine having a loft in the Grant building.
Downtown living will really start coming alive. It's already a strong market which will hopefully bring in the last few staples people need like a nice grocery store etc.

BTW, did you see on the news that the major got his blood pressure taken at the Pittsburgh Employee health screening? I was in that room when he did, because Duquesne was asked to do the screenings! I was hoping to the be the one to do the screening, but it was my friend Joe. Bleh

Old 09-13-2007, 08:54 PM

BTW, the whole Denvertechcenter thing is really fishie. They just created the account, that was their first and only post, and they already have a reputation of 9 and I think you and I have been the only people that have read this post so far, RowJimmy, and lord knows I didn't give rep to the troll.

What the heck is going on? lol

Pittnurse was that you???????? lol, j/k

Old 09-13-2007, 10:35 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke View Post
BTW, the whole Denvertechcenter thing is really fishie.
Hmmmmmmm.......isn't it election time soon?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 PM

3 posts, read 8,065 times
Default Rat's nest

I work in Pittsburgh as well as Denver. Pittsburgh has it's educated for sure, you don't find them in local government. In fact local government for the most part is a rat's nest around here. How refreshing it would be to see some brain trust and ethical standing at the helm, confronting Pittsburgh's issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh