U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:04 AM

16 posts, read 20,797 times

Advertisements

What makes me a criminal? the laws... Is every law that exists in this country correct? No, that is a matter of opinion. Most laws however (for example those dealing with alcohol) are established due to scientific data and facts. There is no such data for marijuana, there are studies that argue both sides. The states which have these laws decided that since they can not come up with conclusive data, they will just make any amount illegal. How about in California where marijuana is legal for medical use? The state law says that they are allowed to use marijuana for their disorder etc. What if they used it a couple days ago and then go on a road trip out of their state. Something happens as with my case where blood is taken and they are charged with DUI when at the time they were doing NOTHING illegal. That is like someone getting drunk in their own home, then driving two days later and being charged with a DUI even though they are currently not impaired at all. I NEVER drive while high, I do not endanger anyone, I was absolutely not impaired at the time of the accident. I am being charged with DUI due to the THC metabolites being in my blood. Metabolites are the by product of your body metabolizing THC (NOT the active drug itself). The active ingredient of THC (THC Delta 9) is just as easily detected with the same methods, which my blood test contained none. Our government was established in such a way that was supposed to give power to the states so that one governing body does not have complete control. How is it then that the state of California can make medical marijuana legal however the federal government can come in and arrest you for it. I am not saying marijuana is good or bad, that is your opinion as well. What I am saying is that the laws need major reform. I would be labeled as a DUI even though I was not at all impaired, I will be forced to take ALCOHOL safety classes which I must pay about $1500 for when I DO NOT EVER DRINK!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:11 AM

Yes it is illegal, for the wrong reasons but you are correct. I am willing to take the consequences for my actions however I am being charged with something I did not do. I am not being charged with marijuana use, I would be fine with that if I was caught. I am being charged with DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE, which is a crime I DID NOT commit. I face much higher consequences then someone would for using marijuana or for possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbud View Post
"You know what galefire, you have no one else to blame but yourself. Marijuana is against the law, I know, you know it, we all know it. You made the decision to smoke it, nobody else did"

What a crook!! blame the victum I guess...but I would first check this artical
first before doing it.

Cops wife spikes his meatballs
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Old 12-12-2007, 09:13 AM

511 posts, read 1,386,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galefire View Post
I NEVER drive while high, I do not endanger anyone, I was absolutely not impaired at the time of the accident.
According to PA law, you were impaired, keep crying about it, it's obvious you have no sympathy at all.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
I think alcohol related deaths are much more common, is that because its legal or is that cause most prefer that over pot?
That is because alcohol has a MUCH different effect on you. There have been countless studies done and data to prove it. This is not the case with marijuana, they have not been able to scientifically prove it even though many governments have tried. One of the major Dept of Transportation studies showed exactly the opposite. On simulators and on the road tests it showed that the test patients using marijuana actually did better then when they were totally sober, because while on marijuana they were able to realize they are impaired, compensate for that and drive more carefully. Alcohol is the opposite. I am not saying anyone should drive while high, its just facts used towards the argument. Being charged with DUI, the same as if you were driving drunk when you are not impaired at all just because they can find trace amounts of a THC byproduct that sticks around for about a month is absurd!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwscottie View Post
According to PA law, you were impaired, keep crying about it, it's obvious you have no sympathy at all.
So just because it is a law means it is correct and we should do nothing to try to change it? No I don't have any sympathy other than to the people who are unjustly charged, who would for something they did not do?

Old 12-12-2007, 09:29 AM

923 posts, read 2,211,413 times
that is something I never thought bout galefire..thank you for a different take on this!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:31 AM

Don't you just love an admitted drug user trying to plea his/her case?

Old 12-12-2007, 09:34 AM

923 posts, read 2,211,413 times
alcohol is a drug, alot of what most of us consume on a daily basis is a drug, take for instance most sodas? The only difference is that they are legal drugs, but they are just as harmful in many cases...if not more so. Ron Paul is hoping to change this..one more good reason to vote him in!

btw..I am not a pot smoker, but I save my judgements cause I am not perfect myself.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwscottie View Post
Blah blah blah, this is the first time I've seen this post. No sympathy for people like this at all, maybe he can buddy up with whats his name from the Miami Dolphins and they can go smoke a bowl together in Tanzania or wherever he ran off to.
You have no sympathy because you are just ignorant and uninformed of the facts. Someone can go get completely drunk, they drive being extremely impaired, being a very high, proven risk to others yet they face the same consequences as someone who smoked a little marijuana a week ago but is not impaired one bit... Yeah that sounds fair...

Old 12-12-2007, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galefire View Post
You have no sympathy because you are just ignorant and uninformed of the facts.
I have no sympathy because in my nearly 38 years of life, I have never had a need to take any kind of illegal drug or smoke a cigarette to relax. I also have no sympathy because it's illegal, PERIOD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh