Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:04 AM

237 posts, read 859,975 times

Advertisements

Exactly, boylocke.

(My "yeah, right" was sarcasm at the idea heroin was undetectable after 6 hours.)

Old 10-19-2007, 08:10 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,069,039 times
Quote:
(My "yeah, right" was sarcasm at the idea heroin was undetectable after 6 hours.)
I know. You were right. I was just clarifying the facts for the uninformed poster.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:59 PM

21 posts, read 43,058 times
The heroin comment was based on the information from a site I looked up, sorry if that was wrong however the entire story is 100% true, I am dealing with it now... I never touched any of that so I wouldn't know, sorry for the mis information... Regardless it still doesn't remain nearly as long as THC.

Last edited by galefire; 10-19-2007 at 03:08 PM..

Old 10-19-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryschap View Post
no smoka the wacky weed and driva the car... its actually a good thing if this law is in place
Nobody said they did, I for one would never... Read a little, we are not even talking about a new law, these laws have been in place for years...

Old 10-19-2007, 03:10 PM

Well this is on topic I can talk about from experience. I am a casual MJ user who occasionally has some to unwind after a long day at work however I NEVER drive impaired in any way, and I do not drink at all. I live in PA near Philly and the DUID laws are indeed ridiculous. I was at work on my break going out to get some lunch. I was driving a motorcycle, driving the speed limit and I am a very cautious driver. I came around a curve where there was lots of cinders and gravel in the road (was the first nice day of the year). The motorcycle slid on the gravel and flipped a couple times, no other vehicle or people were involved. I broke my top rib but other then that I was fine. I was taken to the hospital where blood and urine was taken. Again this was on my lunch break and I would never go to work or smoke before. I am absolutely sure that I was not impaired in any way and that it had nothing to do with the accident. My insurance covered the motorcycle (about 12,000) so I was happy. Then about 4 months later I receive a summons for court saying that I am being charged with a DUI because my blood contained 3.6ng/ml of THC delta-9. Their own forensic lab report states that levels of THC in blood two hours after using range from 25-100ng/ml and that you can have a level of 1-2ng/ml from passive (second hand) smoke. Every single study I have researched including a big one by the dept of transportation indicate that levels under 5ng/ml show no signs of impairment. Even with such a low amount (3.6ng/ml) I am being charged with DUI. Recently the law has changed (2004 I believe) where ANY trace amounts of THC in your blood constitutes a DUI, prior there was a 5ng/ml cut off. Because of this I am facing a huge life changing event because of minimal MJ use without being impaired while driving. I may loose my job, ruin my career, may be forced to pay back the insurance company as well as lawyer fees, losing my license and who knows how much more in higher insurance rates because I would be labeled as a high risk driver. My dream was to work with the government in computer forensics, I recently had an interview with locheed martin which if I am convicted of this I would be unable to pass the background check in order to get security clearance. Now if those consequences do not match the crime I don't know what would, I thought our constitution protected us against that kind of inappropriate punishment but apparently the law doesn't care about that anymore. It seems to me that this is just a way for the state to pull in some extra revenue. The prosecutor at the preliminary hearing even told me that if I pay all the money right away for "driving classes" I wouldn't need to do anything else or be on probation etc however they dont take into consideration all of the other consequences you face after having a DUID on your record. Other then a small amount of MJ use for de-stressing I am a very good law abiding citizen and I feel so mis-treated that I am looking to move out of this state to somewhere with not so rediculous laws. Furthermore I feel the DUID law is unconstitutional due to the fact that it discriminates against a group of people, casual MJ users. I for one never knew about this law and think if more people knew what it entails there would be much more of a outrage over it. I realize that MJ is illegal and would have no problem facing the consequences of possession etc however I can not believe I am being charged and labeled with a DUI especially when the state forensic lab report shows that there is no way I was impaired at the time of the accident. Whatever happened to our rights as US citizens...?

Old 10-19-2007, 03:15 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,069,039 times
Quote:
Every single study I have researched including a big one by the dept of transportation indicate that levels under 5ng/ml show no signs of impairment. Even with such a low amount (3.6ng/ml) I am being charged with DUI. Recently the law has changed (2004 I believe) where ANY trace amounts of THC in your blood constitutes a DUI, prior there was a 5ng/ml cut off. Because of this I am facing a huge life changing event because of minimal MJ use without being impaired while driving.
You know what galefire, you have no one else to blame but yourself. Marijuana is against the law, I know, you know it, we all know it. You made the decision to smoke it, nobody else did.

Now I DO agree with you that the laws are harsh and stupid and I actually believe in legalizing marijuana in certain quantities and shifting that money and man-power to better programs. I would encourage you to write to Harrisburg and the courts and see what you can do about it. I mean, don't want to see your life ruined, of course. However, the laws haven't changed yet, the laws remain the laws.

Maybe you should follow them.

If you had, this wouldn't be happening.

Quote:
Furthermore I feel the DUID law is unconstitutional due to the fact that it discriminates against a group of people, casual MJ users.
This made me laugh out loud, I'm sorry to say.

Last edited by guylocke; 10-19-2007 at 03:26 PM..

Old 12-11-2007, 11:44 PM

43 posts, read 161,671 times
"You know what galefire, you have no one else to blame but yourself. Marijuana is against the law, I know, you know it, we all know it. You made the decision to smoke it, nobody else did"

What a crook!! blame the victum I guess...but I would first check this artical
first before doing it.

Cops wife spikes his meatballs
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Old 12-12-2007, 06:10 AM

919 posts, read 3,184,408 times
I think alcohol related deaths are much more common, is that because its legal or is that cause most prefer that over pot?

Old 12-12-2007, 06:29 AM

511 posts, read 1,936,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galefire View Post
Well this is on topic I can talk about from experience. I am a casual MJ user who occasionally has some to unwind after a long day at work however I NEVER drive impaired in any way, and I do not drink at all. I live in PA near Philly and the DUID laws are indeed ridiculous.....
Blah blah blah, this is the first time I've seen this post. No sympathy for people like this at all, maybe he can buddy up with whats his name from the Miami Dolphins and they can go smoke a bowl together in Tanzania or wherever he ran off to.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:37 AM

237 posts, read 859,975 times
I love the comments about "blame the victim".

The poster wasn't a victim, they were a criminal. The rest of us were the victims.

Remember, not only did the posters insurance go up, but it is these issues that cause insurance premiums to go up for all of us - whether we are involved or not.

Yeah, I agree that the laws are harsh and the money for enforcement could be used more effectively in other ways. But breaking a law isn't a way to get it changed.

And this poster isn't a victim. They are someone who knowingly broke the law.

And HBud, that link does nothing to prove anything you have said. While yes, it is a case of someone's food being laced, the accused happened to be his wife. Which to me screams "domestic situation" or "cop lying to cover his ass" not "conspiracy by cops to wrongfully convict people"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh