Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,190 times

Advertisements

Hello! Looking for advise and if anyone knows of any openings/houses for rent!

We are looking to stay under $1200 for a 3 bedroom 1.5 bath house. We don't really have a "preferred" neighborhood, just near to a decent school and preferably in the Northeast area of town. My husband will be attending the Pennsylvania Gunsmith School which is in Avalon but not until the spring or summer of 2013. We have scoured the Craigslist ads but since we are not moving until this August, we are pretty much hitting dead-ends all around because everything is looking to rent NOW.

I am also seeking employment. I have worked for the past 3 years as a preschool teacher and for 2 years before that, I worked at a well-known franchise of a playgroup company as an art teacher. If anyone knows of any preschool programs that are opening up over the summer or will be hiring, please let me know!

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,497,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzygirl80 View Post
Hello! Looking for advise and if anyone knows of any openings/houses for rent!

We are looking to stay under $1200 for a 3 bedroom 1.5 bath house. We don't really have a "preferred" neighborhood, just near to a decent school and preferably in the Northeast area of town. My husband will be attending the Pennsylvania Gunsmith School which is in Avalon but not until the spring or summer of 2013. We have scoured the Craigslist ads but since we are not moving until this August, we are pretty much hitting dead-ends all around because everything is looking to rent NOW.

I am also seeking employment. I have worked for the past 3 years as a preschool teacher and for 2 years before that, I worked at a well-known franchise of a playgroup company as an art teacher. If anyone knows of any preschool programs that are opening up over the summer or will be hiring, please let me know!

Thanks for any help!
The best preschool jobs are Head Start jobs in the Pittsburgh Public Schools however there have been huge cuts. Unfortunately, they won't hire until the summer. I would try daycares too. A lot daycares offer "preschool".

I live in the north east of the city but it isn't that close to Avalon. By me I would look in Blawnox or O'Hara. Try calling the Fox Chapel office of Howard Hanna sometimes they have home for rent on Valley Drive that fall within your budget. Also, Fox Chapel Realty has rentals.

Closer to Avalon is Stonebridge Real Estate Company in Ben Avon. Stay in the Avonworth Schools if you look out that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh