Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 AM

29 posts, read 41,028 times

Advertisements

Well, after several trips to visit, we found a home in Wexford! YAH! We move up in July. I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations for the following. I have a 5 year old and 3 year old.

Summer Camps (art camp, dance camp, school based camp, etc)

Preschools (Looking at Salem Preschool and Perry Highway Lutheran Preschool. Wondering if anyone knows anything about these)

Peditricians

Dance Studio / Gymnastics (5 yr old)

Kiddie Soccer Programs (3 yr old)

Thanks everyone! Excited to be a new resident in Wexford!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 09:50 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
What part of Wexford? Franklin Park, McCandless, Pine Township, or Marshall Township.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 AM

377 posts, read 652,074 times
I can give you a few recommendations.

For gymnastics I would suggest Jewarts. Home || Jewart's

Dance- Elite Dance by Damian Elite Dance by Damian Inc.

Studio 19 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Studi...16313705083055

For pediatricians I use Bellevue Pediatrics---which also has a location in Cranberry. I like them but we only have really had Dr's visits for routine checkups and maybe 2 ear infections thus far.

Also there is a Children's Hospital North location in Franklin Park. They have Urgent Care in evenings and weekends-just so you are aware.

Not sure about soccer--The ones near my house require the child be at least 4 years old. My daughter just turned 3.

You will find so much stuff to do out in this area for young children and families. Congrats!

Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post

Pine Township.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartchya View Post
I can give you a few recommendations.

For gymnastics I would suggest Jewarts. Home || Jewart's

Dance- Elite Dance by Damian Elite Dance by Damian Inc.

Studio 19 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Studi...16313705083055

For pediatricians I use Bellevue Pediatrics---which also has a location in Cranberry. I like them but we only have really had Dr's visits for routine checkups and maybe 2 ear infections thus far.

Also there is a Children's Hospital North location in Franklin Park. They have Urgent Care in evenings and weekends-just so you are aware.

Not sure about soccer--The ones near my house require the child be at least 4 years old. My daughter just turned 3.

You will find so much stuff to do out in this area for young children and families. Congrats!
Thank you very much!! These look great! I appreciate the help!

Old 04-28-2012, 11:19 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,801,905 times
Congrats. Well done on your choice. We move at the end of June ; cant wait either.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:24 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,702,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2monkeys View Post
Well, after several trips to visit, we found a home in Wexford! YAH! We move up in July. I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations for the following. I have a 5 year old and 3 year old.

Summer Camps (art camp, dance camp, school based camp, etc)

Preschools (Looking at Salem Preschool and Perry Highway Lutheran Preschool. Wondering if anyone knows anything about these)

Peditricians

Dance Studio / Gymnastics (5 yr old)

Kiddie Soccer Programs (3 yr old)

Thanks everyone! Excited to be a new resident in Wexford!!

Enjoy sitting in long lines of traffic no matter where you go, 7 days a week!

Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Enjoy sitting in long lines of traffic no matter where you go, 7 days a week!
Debbie Downer????

Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,702,197 times
Quote:
Debbie Downer????

Far from it: I work in Warrendale and there is no way I would live in Wexford, Warrendale, or Cranberry. Wait till you see the lines of traffic waiting to get on the interstates in the morning, and the lines waiting to get off at Wexford at night. I'm no Debbie Downer, I simply value my time and love living in an area where I can walk to everything I need, from groceries to some of the finest restaurants in the region

Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,692,798 times
Quote:
Debbie Downer????
More like Debbie Look-Down-Her-Noser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh