U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 08:05 PM

3,191 posts, read 3,640,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartchya View Post
Do you have any friends? That mindset does not continue today..
Yes I do, and yes it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 08:08 PM

3,191 posts, read 3,640,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
So you have a disdain for people who work hard labor jobs and don't give a damn about what others think, got it.
I have disdain for people who don't take what others think and use it constructively, instead of being proud of their ignorance and unwillingness to come in to the 21st Century. That is rampant in this region. The comparison to Alabama is so accurate.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:18 PM

377 posts, read 281,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
I have disdain for people who don't take what others think and use it constructively, instead of being proud of their ignorance and unwillingness to come in to the 21st Century. That is rampant in this region. The comparison to Alabama is so accurate.
So why don't you move if you think this is specific to Pittsburgh? I am asking this seriously. It seems like you really dislike this city and it's residents.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:42 PM

20,274 posts, read 17,132,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartchya View Post
So why don't you move if you think this is specific to Pittsburgh? I am asking this seriously. It seems like you really dislike this city and it's residents.
Isn't it clear he LOVES to feel superior? This is his ideal scenario! A lifestyle he enjoys, and people all around he can disdain.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:49 PM

441 posts, read 347,312 times
I don't know what the **** Dan the college professor is doing, but I'll be buying a nice home within walking distance of a major bus line this summer on much less than a college professor's salary. If he's still living like a college student after 20 years here, then that's his own personal failing, not Pittsburgh's.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:57 PM

8,547 posts, read 6,669,086 times
Quote:
Funny and very true.
Not at all. Lancaster is nearly 40% Hispanic...York and chambersburg are also west of thornsdale. It was illegal to marry interracially in Alabama until very recently.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:14 PM

20,274 posts, read 17,132,980 times
There is nothing unique about the rural areas in PA being more "conservative" than the large metros: that's a national pattern.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 PM

377 posts, read 251,101 times
Wow, we really do live in different versions of Pittsburgh. I'm very happy in mine, and feel pretty bad that you appear to be so miserable in yours.

Quote:

Old 05-25-2012, 09:38 PM

3,682 posts, read 3,089,814 times
Quote:
Do you really think there aren't people like that all over the country? If you hate Pittsburghers so much, maybe you'd be happier not in Pittsburgh.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 PM

3,682 posts, read 3,089,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Not at all. Lancaster is nearly 40% Hispanic...York and chambersburg are also west of thornsdale. It was illegal to marry interracially in Alabama until very recently.
Don't forget Harrisburg is also nearly 50% black I believe. I think I saw somewhere that Lancaster and Bucks Counties and the most segregated places with Hispanics. Reading and Lancaster but have a lot of them, but once you get out of each city, very few call the other parts of the counties home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh