Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 PM

7 posts, read 61,703 times

Advertisements

I am my husband would be moving to pittsburgh pretty soon and lloking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment with a budget of around $1200.

My husband would be working in downtown and mostly riding with public transport.

Can some one suggest good apartment complex names.

I have heard Greentree has majority of indian population. But we would like to stay around greenfield or squirrel hill south area..since patel brokers, mandir & gurudwara are near by from this location.

I am looking for exact apartment complex names..unable to get a desent one by search alot on google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 04:52 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,003,811 times
A lot of apartments in those areas are in smaller buildings, so there aren't a lot of complexes.

Some of the big management companies have bigger buildings and a lot of places in general. Walnut Capital specifically has a lot of units in Squirrel Hill:

Walnut Capital - Pittsburgh's Best Properties

Old 06-01-2012, 06:19 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashish.jain.gupta View Post
I am my husband would be moving to pittsburgh pretty soon and lloking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment with a budget of around $1200.

My husband would be working in downtown and mostly riding with public transport.

Can some one suggest good apartment complex names.

I have heard Greentree has majority of indian population. But we would like to stay around greenfield or squirrel hill south area..since patel brokers, mandir & gurudwara are near by from this location.

I am looking for exact apartment complex names..unable to get a desent one by search alot on google.

Try Carriage Park apartments in Greentree. It is a huge complex with multiple streets that is overwhelmingly Indian.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:02 AM

Carraige park apartment or green tree area in my opinion is little far from other indians point of interest like mandir, gurudwara, patel bros etc.

Manoreville would be little far from downtown so i was think of staying somewhere around greenfield or squirril hill south area.

Looking for complex in the same area.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:53 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,890,414 times
Walnut Capital is building a new complex on Forbes between Murray and Wightman...This location would be in the Center of everything...Squirrel Hill Shopping and Resturants, Excellent Bus Service to Oakland and Downtown.

Right here to be exact

Old 06-01-2012, 09:20 AM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
I know the OP isn't looking for Greentree, but there are other Indian grocers besides Patel Brothers. Shanthi Supermarket is on Greentree Rd, there's a Kohli's in the Banksville Plaza next to Namaste Restaurant, and I'm pretty sure there's another one further down Greentree Rd, next to Tamarind restarant in that shopping center up on the hill.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm pretty sure there's another one further down Greentree Rd, next to Tamarind restarant in that shopping center up on the hill.
yes, there is. i forget what it's called but i think it's owned by the same people who own tamarind (which is the best south indian buffet i've been to in the area, by the way.).

it's similar in size to patel brothers too.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:22 AM

Thank you all,

On my search it seems like green tree is more of south india area and monroeville is more of north indian area... not sure how much this is true... i will try to stay close to monroville but I have also heard that it is on the other side of tunnel so traffic is a probelm... that was the reason i picked.. green field, south squirrel hill or churchil area...
I looked at Bryn Mawr apartments managed by Mckinney properties..not so impressed but it looks good in pictures..

If some know any newly developed community which might not come over the search easily.. then please share

Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,222,470 times
Many Indians live at;
Carriage Park
Whitehall Place
Leland Point
Hyland Hills
Greenbriar Village
but everyone is right, pretty much all of the apartments on Greentree Road & Banksville Road have Indians.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:21 AM

268 posts, read 385,208 times
Monroeville has both South and North Indian communities, really. I can get you in touch with some friends from the gurdwara or the mandir who can help you. Are you practicing Sikh or Hindu, or does it not matter to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh