Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 01:00 PM

814 posts, read 1,149,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They didn't choke and they came back. I'm certainly not the only one who thought these were big games. There's only been what 13 or 14 sellouts this year and these were 4 of them I believe...and they need the division. I see them losing another WC game.

Once again, I don't see where your description of dozens exists.
If this weekend was "big games," then so was pretty much every game down the stretch in 2013 and 2014. They won a fair few of those as I recall.

You also "saw" the Pirates "back to losing" this season (if not last season), so we all know how much credibility you have at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 01:02 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that412 View Post
If this weekend was "big games," then so was pretty much every game down the stretch in 2013 and 2014. They won a fair few of those as I recall.
There were certainly big games down the stretch but they blew them last year. Cueto made them look silly and they couldn't capitalize on the Brewers meltdown. Perhaps this is the start of something good rather than the choke.

The season isn't over. I wouldn't count your chickens just yet. Considering everything I've said about the Bucs has been proven true, even if they do go over .500, even the pros miss one once in awhile.

I am glad to see them winning to get many out of the woodwork. I expect the wagon to fill if they keep it going. Wasn't much fun when they were losing.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
There were certainly big games down the stretch but they blew them last year. Cueto made them look silly and they couldn't capitalize on the Brewers meltdown. Perhaps this is the start of something good rather than the choke.
Only in whatever dysfunctional reality you inhabit would a team that won 17 out of its final 23 games be considered to have "choked."

Old 07-13-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Only in whatever dysfunctional reality you inhabit would a team that won 17 out of its final 23 games be considered to have "choked."
Did they beat the Reds for the division last year or did they lose and play in the WC game that was over in 4 innings?

Old 07-13-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Considering everything I've said about the Bucs has been proven true,

Must we do this again?

Quote:
Unfortunately, theyll be back to losing in 1-2 years when the Nuttings don't spend the money for future talent.
Quote:
I think its great they finally have a winning season. I'm just not gullible enough to believe its going to continue or that ownership truly cares about winning.
Quote:
Everything they've thrown at the wall this year has stuck, which is great but I have no confidence that it will continue to work in the future. Until they prove otherwise this season is a fluke and IMO will not be repeated for many years.

Exactly zero of those bold predictions has been even remotely accurate. Your frustration at the Pirates continuing to win has made you delusional.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Must we do this again?

Exactly zero of those bold predictions has been even remotely accurate. Your frustration at the Pirates continuing to win has made you delusional.
Being in the bottom 6 in the league, proves the lack of spending.

Until they win the division or a wild card game, they won't have repeated 2013.

You're counting chickens with 1/2 a season to go.

Did they lose to the Reds for the division last year or play in the WC game?

I must say I'm glad they're winning so you came back before the 2 month hiatus.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:23 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
I looking at the Bucs making it to the playoffs 3 years in a row, no easy feat.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:37 PM

Hope I'm wrong but I don't see them making any significant move. It's amazing how the pitching and the overall health of the team has stood up...but I can see another WC game against a problem lefty.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:02 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,456,897 times
Quote:
Must we do this again?

You forgot about 50 more, going back to last year.. And i only went over 2 of the 14 pages of posts he has in this thread...

some snippets

Quote:
Harrison is on a streak. It won't last. Anybody that watches the game would know that.
Last may when he was batting .296 with an .835 OPS, with 7 extra base hits, he finished at .315/.837. with 58 extra base hits.

It lasted.

Quote:
In Jim Mora's famous words, "PLAYOFFS, YOU KIDDIN ME, PLAYOFFS?".

Anyone who doesn't look at this team through Yinzer goggles would know they're going nowhere without help and won't be sniffing the playoffs come September.
again last may, they made the playoffs..

Quote:
In regards to Liriano, perhaps he means it or perhaps its lip service. Either way, it will be proven soon enough. He's gonna come on or fade away. I see him fading away.
Again early last summer. Over the season and a half since, hes one of the best pitchers in the majors

Old 07-14-2015, 09:06 PM

Yup, Harrison proved me wrong. I'm glad to see he ended up well and got paid. Never would've expected it, but he's certainly not lighting it up like was, and has a .696 ops.

Isn't playoffs plural, like more than 1 game, or are you counting 4 innings?

Liriano one of the best pitchers in the majors? Not hardly, but curious to know how you came up with that idea.

Last edited by erieguy; 07-14-2015 at 09:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh