Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:39 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,809,294 times

Advertisements

I used to watch from a hidden cliff at the edge of South Oakland above Parkway East. It was quite dangerous to access.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 10:16 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,287,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
You want a sort of quiet place to see fireworks, go up Federal Street, Left on Perrysville and park.
Aren't you the same person that was all up in arms in another thread because of all of the shootings that have been taking place in the past week within blocks of here?

Old 07-01-2012, 08:51 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,287,663 times
My partner and I are considering hosting a small cookout on our rear patio in Polish Hill on the 4th since he's off work, and I'm off from both of my jobs. Does anyone know if you can see the fireworks from the 28th Street Bridge here in Polish Hill? What about from Province Street in Troy Hill? The idea of crowds on Grandview Avenue in Mt. Washigton are a bit off-putting. Yes, I love fireworks. Does that make me a true Pittsburgher in Paradise now?

Old 07-01-2012, 09:59 AM

55 posts, read 93,431 times
I watched them on the North Shore last year and loved it. There were people but it wasn't uncomfortably crowed by any means.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:24 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,645,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Does anyone know if you can see the fireworks from the 28th Street Bridge here in Polish Hill?
We watched them from the 31st Street Bridge one year.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:18 AM

6,596 posts, read 8,916,294 times
Does anybody know how busy the overlooks in Fineview get?

Last year I watched from the corner of Brighton and North. There were probably only 10 other people standing there. You could see every firework perfectly fine, but obviously you miss out on the backdrop of the rivers and skyscrapers. I didn't take note of the parking situation since I walked there, though.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:10 PM

977 posts, read 561,065 times
I never go to the fireworks downtown. I always watch the ones in Crafton. Of course, that could be because my house is almost directly right underneath the fireworks! Our neighbors' yard actually is right next to the baseball field used to launch the fireworks and they usually have a Fourth of July party. It's about as close to fireworks as you can get. (They even have the FD out patrolling our street during the fireworks!)

For a non-resident, the view from Crafton park should be just about as good. I would recommend arriving earlier in the day since there is some crowd, but certainly not as much as in Pittsburgh. If you did come earlier, though, most people just set out chairs or blankets in the park and go to the community festival that is held in the park every year. You may have to park at the Crafton-Ingram shopping center and walk to the park, but that is not a long walk and may work out better for you than going downtown.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:30 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,203,280 times
Independence Day will be celebrated in Lawrenceville on June 27th this year.

Sort of unusual, but it should be the usual event with musical performances, all star little league baseball and a professional wrestling card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh