Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 05:04 PM

491 posts, read 1,429,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
Oh gosh. You poor thing. I mean this in a very sincere way. You are just having a terrible time of it lately here aren't you? I feel so bad for you. I understand what it is like to be "stuck" in a place where you don't want to be. I wish I had some words of wisdom to pass onto you to help you through this hard time.
When you are in a place you just don't want to be, everything just looks that much worse. I know, I've been there. All of us on this forum know where you are coming from. I just wish I knew of some way to help you out of your rut. Hang in there.
I'll be ok, only one more month here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 06:04 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,307,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktaren View Post
I'll be ok, only one more month here
Well hang in there. I know how long a month can seem. You're going back north right? I'm sure it's the right decision for you.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:53 PM

491 posts, read 1,429,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
Well hang in there. I know how long a month can seem. You're going back north right? I'm sure it's the right decision for you.
Actually, I have been working 12 hour days in the field for the past couple weeks, so it has been going super quick!

Honestly, as much as I don't care for pittsburgh, my girlfriend hates it alot more. She is a hairstylist and says she has never seen people treat others so badly, but i dunno, im not there and she is actually closer to the canonsburg area

Yeah, heading back to the NY/PA border.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:39 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,307,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktaren View Post
Actually, I have been working 12 hour days in the field for the past couple weeks, so it has been going super quick!

Honestly, as much as I don't care for pittsburgh, my girlfriend hates it alot more. She is a hairstylist and says she has never seen people treat others so badly, but i dunno, im not there and she is actually closer to the canonsburg area

Yeah, heading back to the NY/PA border.
Well the best of luck to both of you. Have a safe and happy jouney.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:04 PM

322 posts, read 297,510 times
Yes, we all wish you good luck on your journey and please try to see that us Pittsburghers wish you all well. Even though we are mean and awful people. Good luck in the future, and best of wishes in your nice small town. I hope I get to travel to it one day, breath its precious clean air, walk in the endless fields of grapes, and bring good karma to all the folks to it by be friendly to them all. I hope they treat me back with the way I treat them also!

Last edited by Stagger Lee; 10-02-2007 at 09:21 PM..

Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 PM

314 posts, read 846,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Yes, we all wish you good luck on your journey and please try to see that us Pittsburghers wish you all well. Even though we are mean and awful people. Good luck in the future, and best of wishes in your nice small town. I hope I get to travel to it one day, breath its precious clean air, walk in the endless fields of grapes, and bring good karma to all the folks to it by be friendly to them all. I hope they treat me back with the way I treat them also!
More sarcasm? LOL!

Old 10-04-2007, 07:57 AM

114 posts, read 342,451 times
I guess I'll jump into this fray. I moved from northern NJ 3 1/2 yrs ago. I lived there for 39 yrs. Drove in and out and around Manhattan frequently. Here are some differences:
In NJ/NY
~People use their horn as their middle finger....midtown at noon? Deafening.

In Pittsburgh
~ I get flipped off just about every day....most of the time while I'm doing something legal. But Pittsburgh at noon? Peaceful.

In NJ/NY
~Everyone drives in 'wolf packs' bumper-to-bumper at extreme speed, you don't DARE driven the speed limit, even a cop would tell ya-that's just crazy!

In Pittsburgh
~On highways, people drive the speed limit, or way below, it is very disjointed to be driving along at 70 MPH and come up on someone doing 40, brakelights galore, which causes a chain reaction. But on back roads? GO, GO, GO!

In NJ/NY
~Everyone drives aggressively, but without anger. Lets just get to where we want, and make it snappy!

In Pittsburgh

~People drive angrily but not aggressively...I know, call me crazy I have been cut off (which I don't consider aggressive, just stupid) and flipped off at the same time. You get the feeling that they just had a bad day, and you are their punching bag.

Well, anyway I could go on for days...but it is just DIFFERENT, just like any other part of the country....now LA? Don't get me started!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:06 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,670,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
In Pittsburgh
~On highways, people drive the speed limit, or way below, it is very disjointed to be driving along at 70 MPH and come up on someone doing 40, brakelights galore, which causes a chain reaction. But on back roads? GO, GO, GO!
This is soooooo true! I do some serious driving on Pittsburgh's back roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh