Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,699,329 times

Advertisements

The Blue Dust in the Waterfront is actually decent for happy hour. I got a great craft beer for $2.50 during happy hour the other day. Their food is decent too, sort of a modern type of bar food (it may not be the burger/beer combo you're looking for necessarily).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 05:18 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,586,644 times
Kaya's happy hour is half off all "single serving" drinks, including draft beers (and wine by the glass), 5-7 M-F. Now it may be half off a higher price, but it's a cool place. It might not cut your bill as much because the food can be more expensive. But it's good stuff.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:57 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,857,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Try Middle Road Inn.
Wow, that looks interesting. It is really close and would be a nice drive. Thanks Hopes, I will give that a try.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:04 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,683,202 times
Monterey Pub is a great choice for a burger and a beer. Their beef comes from Tom Friday's, a neighborhood butcher shop in Brighton Heights, and they almost always have an East End beer on tap. Here's the menu, so you can check the prices for yourself: Monterey Pub Menu.

In my opinion, their burgers are far better than BRGR and every bit as good as Wingharts or Burgatory. It's not particularly cheap, but I think their prices are very reasonable for the quality of food they're serving.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
The Blue Dust in the Waterfront is actually decent for happy hour. I got a great craft beer for $2.50 during happy hour the other day. Their food is decent too, sort of a modern type of bar food (it may not be the burger/beer combo you're looking for necessarily).
$2.50 for a craft beer sounds like prices from the old days. Of course I can remember beer for $1.25. Actually there was a time a draft of local yellow fuzzy beer was under a dollar in some places. Beer stayed cheap for a really long time and then it seem to fly to $2.00 and now that would be dirt cheap as most places charge $3.50 just for an Iron. Once beer gets that high out, I might as well buy a case of Innis and Gunn and enjoy that at home. Many years ago before Dee's Six Pack got big, that was a cheap place to get beer. Never liked it as much when it got bigger.

Thanks for the idea Aqua. Not sure how everyone can afford to go out and drink all the time like 10 years ago, but seems places do okay. Maybe everyone is just running up credit cards?

Old 07-10-2012, 07:14 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,699,329 times
Do you know of any place to get Innis and Gun on draft? I always wanted to try it but I have been turned off by the clear bottle (which causes hops to be skunked).

Old 07-10-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML North View Post
Monterey Pub is a great choice for a burger and a beer. Their beef comes from Tom Friday's, a neighborhood butcher shop in Brighton Heights, and they almost always have an East End beer on tap. Here's the menu, so you can check the prices for yourself: Monterey Pub Menu.

In my opinion, their burgers are far better than BRGR and every bit as good as Wingharts or Burgatory. It's not particularly cheap, but I think their prices are very reasonable for the quality of food they're serving.
That looks interesting. I have had a beer or two there, but never ate there. I have heard really good things about it. Cool location. You hit the nail on the head with, "reasonable for the quality". That is what I am talking about. We used to go to Cross Key's Inn and sure, we spent more money, but I never left that place not thinking it was worth it. Their burgers were far better than Winghart's and BRGR as well as Burgatory. I think all three of those burger places are way overrated. They use the burger meat as a platform for toppings instead of the burger itself being the star of the show. The concept works, but if you are a burger lover, it isn't that great. Sort of like the Ben and Jerry's Ice cream idea. The ice cream isn't really very good with all the gum and such, but people get all excited over the pretty colors and cool names. Just give me vanilla with no crap in it and I am most happy. Tessaro's was the tops in burgers years ago. Great meat cooled on wood. Toppings meant very little.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Seems there are some places you can go out and eat for a better price. Like that Middle Road idea. Great location for me.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
Do you know of any place to get Innis and Gun on draft? I always wanted to try it but I have been turned off by the clear bottle (which causes hops to be skunked).
No drafts are exported as far as I know. Not even in NYC and that is where it comes in from. I have never had a skunked Innis and Gunn. I think they know what they are doing. Maybe that style of beer is okay in clear. Some Samuel Smith beers are in clear and are some of the highest rated in the world for that style.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:41 AM

110 posts, read 152,452 times
5 to 7 At Nola's in Market Square. You can get flatbread pizza's for 1/2 off and $2 Yuengling drafts. I had a flatbread and 4 beers for $13. They also sell gumbo or red beans and rice for $1 a bowl. Plus they play a little New Orleans Jazz in the background! Check it out!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy53 View Post
5 to 7 At Nola's in Market Square. You can get flatbread pizza's for 1/2 off and $2 Yuengling drafts. I had a flatbread and 4 beers for $13. They also sell gumbo or red beans and rice for $1 a bowl. Plus they play a little New Orleans Jazz in the background! Check it out!!!!!!!!!
Excellent! Is there any other beer for $2? Yuengling is... well very sour tasting. I would rather have an Iron than a Yuengling. I love red beans and rice. $1!! Cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh