Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:43 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,783,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i guess your belief in "innocent until proven guilty" only applies to people you like. has jordan miles been convicted of resisting arrest?

in any case he was not running when they decided to pull over their car and accost him. no one disputes that.
I am in the belief "innocent until proven guilty". Jordan isn't being charged the police are in this case. Police dropped the charges against Jordan to keep some peace due to the wild publicity surrounding this case the media wants to hype up like that LA/Rodney King mess. That is the media's job. Hype and ratings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 04:50 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
The question is, how much longer will this go on? Multiple sources have found the officers clear of any wrong doing. Time and time again.
The attorneys want to keep the media machine going and the mess going as long as they can in hopes the police will fork over a bunch of money to shut the media circus down because it hurts their PR. I think it is really over for the most part.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:57 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,624,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I am in the belief "innocent until proven guilty". Jordan isn't being charged the police are in this case. Police dropped the charges against Jordan to keep some peace due to the wild publicity surrounding this case the media wants to hype up like that LA/Rodney King mess. That is the media's job. Hype and ratings.
yet you speak with authority about what miles did and didn't do.

joe paterno was never charged with anything either. but if anyone dares draw their own conclusions about what happened from the evidence in that case, you cry innocent until proven guilty. while at the same time you state claims about miles breaking the law as fact when they have not been proven as such.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
The attorneys want to keep the media machine going and the mess going as long as they can in hopes the police will fork over a bunch of money to shut the media circus down because it hurts their PR. I think it is really over for the most part.
again, the jury did not reach an agreement on the 2 most important charges, false arrest and excessive force.

would you want YOUR lawyer to just drop it? they need to be found either guilty or not guilty of those charges. the outcome of this trial was neither.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,672,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
do you think this trial has found the officers "clear of any wrong doing"?
They certainly weren't found guilty of any wrongdoing, were they?

Old 08-08-2012, 05:00 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,672,862 times
Quote:

It's been over for a long time.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
They certainly weren't found guilty of any wrongdoing, were they?
not found guilty because of a hung jury is not the same as found not guilty. a hung jury does not clear someone of charges and i am sure you realize that. if it did, there could not be a retrial.

if you're going to be willfully obtuse i'm not going to play.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
yep, ever since the cops checked into themselves and declared themselves awesome, totally handsome, and definitely not guilty.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:06 PM
gg

Quote:
Yeah, Pittsburgh isn't LA. Best thing to do if stopped by police is stop and answer their questions. Don't run or resist. It makes them think you have a weapon or are an outlaw. What other conclusion could they make? Oh this guy is running because he is innocent? Come on.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:20 PM

28 posts, read 59,433 times
No surprise. Does anybody know about a case when police officers were ever found guilty for excessive force or the death of black man? I can't think of any case, but I could be wrong.

Jordan should know better as a black man. I mean didn't he learn anything from Rodney King? That situation was videotaped and the cops were acquitted.

I like the recommendations for black men from this website. 10 rules every young black boy should follow when they are stopped by the police

Oh, and remember that the first impression is that you are a criminal, thug and gang member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh