Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 03:15 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,857,487 times

Advertisements

Football is so much better in person if you actually have good seats and you can't get the true feeling of Ryan Clark almost decapitating someone unless you are close to the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 04:37 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
baseball is the most enjoyable sport to watch in person, football is better on tv.

Could not agree more.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:33 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Nah... I think that hockey is the most enjoyable in person.
DH and I agree with you that football (at least pro football) is better watched on TV.
The problem with hockey is that a poorly played hockey game is about as dreadful a sports experience as one can get, save for watching 2 year olds play soccer. But a well played hockey game is among the best in-person sports experiences there are.

Football has become unbearable, even on TV. And I used to be a huge fan. Too many audio/video gimmicks, announcers are getting worse every year and the analysts... ugh. Too many saying too little and too loudly. Love the tailgating, you can have the actual game.

Baseball will always be my #1 sport. As many have said, it's a game that continually rewards the knowledgeable fan. Ritalin kids need not apply for fandom.

College hoops is #2, IMO.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,821,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Nah... I think that hockey is the most enjoyable in person.
DH and I agree with you that football (at least pro football) is better watched on TV.
Hockey is number 2 for me but football is a distant three ( and I've never seen prosoccer in person). Even with good seats in football the angles are bad, the TV breaks awkward, etc. Baseball has the summer outside, the crack of the bat, and the pace if the game is such that you can argue with your friends over this year vs last. Playoff hockey is pretty Fun though. If there were any justice Roberto Clements would be haunting nutting

Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,646,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by track2514 View Post
The Pirates are officially the worst team in the history of baseball and they are even in the Guiness Book of World Records for their feat of futility. The amazing thing is the record may never be broken if the Pirates keep adding to the number of losing seasons. I am a Pirates fan and I will never give up the ship, but these are bad times for my Buccos.

Most consecutive MLB losing seasons, team
And I'm planning on moving to Pittsburgh just when the SF Bay Area teams, other than the Raiders are doing great. It's going to be quite an adjustment.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
baseball is the most enjoyable sport to watch in person, football is better on tv.

I think the NFL is beginning to realize that with Hi-Def TV, why bother to go to the game. That's why the Rooneys did not build, excuse me, that's why the Rooneys did have we taxpayers build a 80K seat or more stadium.

I went to the Bucco game on Tuesday and while we were singing at the 7th inning stretch, it hit me. Can you imagine 2 hours into a football game, people actually singing a fun song like that? Hell, most are too drunk to stand.

I enjoy football at home, at least the only one spilling beer on me, is ME. and it didn't cost 8 bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh