Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:29 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxd_13 View Post
A question for you guys, would you be more attracted to a large work shed or a garage. Ya'll keep in mind, we are in the south and don't have to dodge cold weather I will have new pics later in the week and will get your opinions!!
What do other houses in the area have? People tend to find neighborhoods, and then look for houses, so if your neighborhood has garages I'd go with garages.

I myself would prefer a garage, but it's because it's one more thing I could lock away from the rabble...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 04:39 PM

314 posts, read 849,233 times
I took some new pics. I am not done but I wanted to keep the pictures up to date. No puppies in these

OOps, try this!!

Huge porch and Landscpaed corner lot (broken link)

Last edited by jinxd_13; 10-11-2007 at 05:26 PM..

Old 10-11-2007, 06:00 PM

114 posts, read 343,744 times
Some of the pictures look better. If you want picky, I will do that....remember it is to SELL your house
Here goes:
The flooring is lovely.
The door knobs are a nice upgrade.
The kitchen looks more polished....but your cleaning sprays and such are still visible.
Very nice cabinetry, but no need to get closeups of the handles.
In the middle bath picture, you have alot of personal stuff out...could you get a nice basket and maybe put it under a cabinet?
Pretty lighting fixtures.
Pull up the red balloon shades a little more.
I would personally put away the books and videos in storage bins, if you are short on space, maybe get the underbed size and put the there for easy access.
In their place you could put a FEW generic decorative touches, so it looks clean and uncluttered.
I'm sure that other people can see other things, or won't agree with me...thats great, the more objective opinions you get the better!
I DO NOT want you to think I am nit picky....I did the same thing when I sold my house....I asked people, one was an interior decorator, to come through as a potential buyer, and tell me what they saw. She was RUTHLESS and HONEST...but I was so motivated I didn't care! I took every bit of advice, and it worked. Good luck!

Old 10-11-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
Some of the pictures look better. If you want picky, I will do that....remember it is to SELL your house
Here goes:
The flooring is lovely.
The door knobs are a nice upgrade.
The kitchen looks more polished....but your cleaning sprays and such are still visible.
Very nice cabinetry, but no need to get closeups of the handles.
In the middle bath picture, you have alot of personal stuff out...could you get a nice basket and maybe put it under a cabinet?
Pretty lighting fixtures.
Pull up the red balloon shades a little more.
I would personally put away the books and videos in storage bins, if you are short on space, maybe get the underbed size and put the there for easy access.
In their place you could put a FEW generic decorative touches, so it looks clean and uncluttered.
I'm sure that other people can see other things, or won't agree with me...thats great, the more objective opinions you get the better!
I DO NOT want you to think I am nit picky....I did the same thing when I sold my house....I asked people, one was an interior decorator, to come through as a potential buyer, and tell me what they saw. She was RUTHLESS and HONEST...but I was so motivated I didn't care! I took every bit of advice, and it worked. Good luck!

I am that motivated.LOL. I can't believe the cleaning stuff in the pics. Its like the stuff is invisible to me when I am taking them or something. Usually I am taking the pictures right after I have finished doing an all day deep clean and I am about ready to fall out. I don't normally just have cleaning crap everywhere. LOL. I am doing some packing this weekend and will take more pics after that. Thanx for ya'll's feedback. Don't worry about my feelings. I will be feeling real good when we sell it and are on pur way to P-A. I made a rhyme

Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I took some new pics. I am not done but I wanted to keep the pictures up to date. No puppies in these

OOps, try this!!

Huge porch and Landscpaed corner lot (broken link)
The real pretty fan with the rattan light covers -- the blades are very dusty... (That's one of my pet peeves.)

And it's not a bad thing to have canisters in your kitchen... but to have them sitting on a wire rack? That's something that signals to me you lack room.

Ditto on the cleaning stuff and bathroom clutter.

I also agree on the book shelves and loose books. Which I have plenty of! I once had some new friends come over to my house, see my books in my fireplace bookcase surround, and she said -- oh so you read?? I took her hand and showed her the filled to rafters bookcases in both bedrooms.... she didn't know quite what to make of that!

One more little thing -- can you correct the mistyping of landscaping in the title of the listing?

I know this is such hard work... but I have to confess -- I'm a little jealous of you. I've lived in the same house for 20 years and I can't WAIT to sell it and move back to Pittsburgh.... but we're about two years out for that to happen... and very probably even more, if chubby hubby doesn't want to quit. at 50.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:45 AM

114 posts, read 343,744 times
To the PP, when we moved, the HEAVIEST boxes by far were my books. Good luck with that My husband nearly had a cow when he had to move about 10 boxes of them!! But, you CAN'T make them any lighter! I could not part with a single book.

To the OP, I know how you feel. I was SO motivated to sell...that kept me going, I was like a whirling dirvish. But,you forget all about this crazy time as soon as you settle in to your new house. I haven't thought to dust in a LOOOONG time. I promised myself I would never be lazy again....RIIIIGHT.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:37 PM

I know what you mean about books. I have hundreds...maybe thousands. It hurts me more than you know to have it pared down as far as I have. All the books that are out are the newer ones that I have just read or haven't got to yet. I can't wait to get a cool old house up there so my husband can build me my library.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:24 PM

77 posts, read 83,390 times
Maybe you should have an open house and clear out everything for that. Move furniture and items out to a storage center or a friend's/relative's house, don't keep any of it in your home for a day.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:41 PM

People are hard to please. I have heard that houses without furniture are as hard to sell as houses with too much. The idea is to acheive a perfect balance; to make a house feel homey and livable but not lived in. It is amazing how little imagination the average person has. I watch all these home shows and people will actually decline to buy a house because of a paint color. i barely even look at paint. I am going to pesonalize my house before the first stick of furniture even comes in. I will also see pictures of houses where it seems like they are taking pics of their furniture. What do I care what your furniture looks like unless it comes with the house? Anyway, they will actually let people live in really fine homes for cheap if they have nice furniture to "stage" it. I guess the person that buys my hosue will have to have some imagination because I will do a lot but there is no way in h7ll i am moving everything out for a day.LOL. Thanx for the suggestion though

Old 10-12-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
People are hard to please... It is amazing how little imagination the average person has. I watch all these home shows and people will actually decline to buy a house because of a paint color....
Doesn't that just slay you? If I was real estate agent and kept hearing that from people I'd take a bat start swinging!

From doing janitorial I can see that people are just SO lazy anymore. When we bought our house 20 years ago it needed work. They all needed work. Now, even the low end homes out here have granite counter tops and stainless kitchen appliances, new tile floors and updated bathrooms -- new flooring and carpet.

All freakin' beige. Gotta love those neutral colors. (Barf!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: