U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 PM
gg gg started this thread
 
Location: Pittsburgh
14,429 posts, read 13,489,281 times
Reputation: 8160

Advertisements

Just wondering if this beer could be tried here in Pittsburgh? Thanks if anyone knows.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,118 posts, read 28,268,648 times
Reputation: 37298
google got me this...
Retail Locations For the Westvleteren XII Brick US Westvleteren Trappist Ale Release
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Leesburg
799 posts, read 972,728 times
Reputation: 234
https://twitter.com/VETastingLounge/...47537429250048

So, we are getting Westvleteren XII @ Vintage Estate Wine & Beer! Sending email tonight on how to be eligible.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 PM
gg gg started this thread
 
Location: Pittsburgh
14,429 posts, read 13,489,281 times
Reputation: 8160
So Ohio is the closest?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Wilkinsburg
1,661 posts, read 1,977,508 times
Reputation: 970
I take it you heard the NPR story this morning? It seems that this may be a very rare chance to buy it in the States, although it's going to be REALLY hard and many places are likely already sold out.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 08:38 PM
gg gg started this thread
 
Location: Pittsburgh
14,429 posts, read 13,489,281 times
Reputation: 8160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML North View Post
I take it you heard the NPR story this morning? It seems that this may be a very rare chance to buy it in the States, although it's going to be REALLY hard and many places are likely already sold out.
No, I just saw it online. I have tried over 1000 different beers and was thinking it would be fun to try it. I could buy one on ebay, but I really just want to have it locally. Wonder if Sidelines got any?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh area
9,918 posts, read 16,425,305 times
Reputation: 4992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
If those were all the locations in the US, then there wasn't any in PA at all. Which wouldn't surprise me, given the rigamarole it would probably take to get the PLCB to allow its sale....

Ohio is not that far, but by now it's probably too late. There's so little of it, and the only way it's sold is in those 6-packs with the glasses. Maybe you can still snag one because people will hesitate to spend 85 bucks or whatever, but I kinda doubt it. The rarity ensures that it'll be gone one way or another.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 PM
 
1,714 posts, read 1,614,497 times
Reputation: 1253
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
If those were all the locations in the US, then there wasn't any in PA at all. Which wouldn't surprise me, given the rigamarole it would probably take to get the PLCB to allow its sale....

Ohio is not that far, but by now it's probably too late. There's so little of it, and the only way it's sold is in those 6-packs with the glasses. Maybe you can still snag one because people will hesitate to spend 85 bucks or whatever, but I kinda doubt it. The rarity ensures that it'll be gone one way or another.
They were probably gone before they even arrived.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:29 PM
 
583 posts, read 641,064 times
Reputation: 371
Pennsylvania needs to abandon the fascist state-run liquor monopoly.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 PM
 
1,714 posts, read 1,614,497 times
Reputation: 1253
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHenry View Post
Pennsylvania needs to abandon the fascist state-run liquor monopoly.

Not saying you're right or wrong, but there are 28 other states that also aren't getting any.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2016, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top