Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM

60 posts, read 68,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Flat tax actually has the impoverished paying taxes.
You're talking about a flat percentage, not a flat tax. Big difference.

Quote:
Our current federal income tax allows the impoverished to pay no taxes.
Which causes any number of problems.

Quote:
At least our state and local taxes are more fair than federal tax.
No argument there. Of course, it wouldn't take too much to accomplish that.

Quote:
NOBODY gets out of paying them in our state.
Um.......yeah. Keep dreaming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM

Well, anyway - not looking for an argument here - I'm looking for useful info. So, I'm not going to comment on anything previously commented on, in further posts.

Now - back to the useful info.....so what's the story with pets there? Do you have to pay some fee somewhere and get a tag? If so, is this tightly enforced? Can you reasonably get by without doing so? Is it a state thing or a local thing? Is it a problem if you live in A and have your dog with you in B? Are the cops (or whomever) in B going to want to see tags for A and B, or just B, or just A? Is it a daily thing? Weekly? Yearly? Once ever? How does all that work?

Are places/people generally dog friendly or do they get uptight about dogs not on a leash?

My dog is about 40% wolf. Is that going to be an issue? Do they gene test, or can you get by with it?

Thanks,
aj

Old 01-06-2013, 07:50 PM

377 posts, read 652,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_jones View Post
Well, anyway - not looking for an argument here - I'm looking for useful info. So, I'm not going to comment on anything previously commented on, in further posts.

Now - back to the useful info.....so what's the story with pets there? Do you have to pay some fee somewhere and get a tag? If so, is this tightly enforced? Can you reasonably get by without doing so? Is it a state thing or a local thing? Is it a problem if you live in A and have your dog with you in B? Are the cops (or whomever) in B going to want to see tags for A and B, or just B, or just A? How does all that work?

Thanks,
aj
Yes a dog license is a requirement. No one has ever stopped me or asked to see it so if you are really opposed to it then I guess you could just not get one.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM

567 posts, read 1,161,787 times
Lots of pets information here for the city in particular, and here for the rest of the county.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:53 PM

20 posts, read 26,188 times
Alex, please do yourself and everyone of us who live in the Pittsburgh area a HUGE favor and DO NOT move here! Honestly, your posts make you seem like someone who's completely out of touch with reality outside of what passes for Alaskan reality (ie: being able to pay almost no takes while willing taking part in one of the nation's largest wealth redistribution schemes). Honestly, you'll probably truly hate it here, and something tells me that your attitude isn't going to be well-respected out here. Pittsburgh is a wonderful city, please do us all a favor and do not spoil it.

Frankly, I think it's ethically and morally bankrupt for you to ask local residents how you can willingly and knowingly blatantly disobey various taxes, laws and ordinances, all in the name of your so-called Libertarianism. If you move here, you're going to pay taxes. If you move here, you're going to deal with local ordinances. If you more here, you're going to have to deal with licenses and registrations for pets AND vehicles, and yes that includes vehicle inspections. If you don't like these things, don't try to get out from abiding by them, just don't move here!

Thank you.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctoocheck View Post
Lots of pets information here for the city in particular, and here for the rest of the county.
Thanks for the links, I'll check it out (:

Old 01-06-2013, 08:00 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:

Now - back to the useful info.....so what's the story with pets there? Do you have to pay some fee somewhere and get a tag? If so, is this tightly enforced? Can you reasonably get by without doing so? Is it a state thing or a local thing? Is it a problem if you live in A and have your dog with you in B? Are the cops (or whomever) in B going to want to see tags for A and B, or just B, or just A? Is it a daily thing? Weekly? Yearly? Once ever? How does all that work?

Are places/people generally dog friendly or do they get uptight about dogs not on a leash?

My dog is about 40% wolf. Is that going to be an issue? Do they gene test, or can you get by with it?
Dog licenses are the county. It's a minimal fee paid annually. You can get away without paying it. It's not uncommon for me to forget for a few years. That's with already previously having a license, so it's not like they hunted me down wanting to know why I didn't renew. When I renewed years later for the same pet, they never asked me why I hadn't previous years. When you don't renew, they probably assume the pet died. When you do renew after missing a few years, they must not have a good database to keep track of lost years. But it is a good idea to license your dog. If anything happens, such as your dog biting someone, you'll be in big trouble if it's not licensed. At the very least, PLEASE make sure your pet has up-to-date rabies vaccinations. You'll lose everything you own if your dog bites and infects someone with rabies, not to mention your dog will die.

I'd keep it a secret that it's half wolf, especially since you will be renting. Most landlords would have a problem renting to a wolf. My girlfriend had a dog that was part wolf. Sweetest dog. It's not unheard of around here, but it's not common either.

These questions of yours are why I know you're not rolling in money. That, and the fact that your wife moved here for work.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Dog licenses are the county. It's a minimal fee paid annually. You can get away without paying it. It's not uncommon for me to forget for a few years. That's with already previously having a license, so it's not like they hunted me down wanting to know why I didn't renew. When I renewed years later for the same pet, they never asked me why I hadn't previous years. When you don't renew, they probably assume the pet died. When you do renew after missing a few years, they must not have a good database to keep track of lost years. But it is a good idea to license your dog. If anything happens, such as your dog biting someone, you'll be in big trouble if it's not licensed. At the very least, PLEASE make sure your pet has up-to-date rabies vaccinations. You'll lose everything you own if your dog bites and infects someone with rabies, not to mention your dog will die.

I'd keep it a secret that it's half wolf, especially since you will be renting. Most landlords would have a problem renting to a wolf. My girlfriend had a dog that was part wolf. Sweetest dog. It's not unheard of around here, but it's not common either.
Thanks for the useful info. So, they don't gene test if you get a license? What if you're "under suspicion" of having a part wolf? In my case, it's not half, only about 40%

Quote:
These questions of yours are why I know you're not rolling in money. That, and the fact that your wife moved here for work.
Assumptions are funny things...

Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Thanks for the useful info. So, they don't gene test if you get a license? What if you're "under suspicion" of having a part wolf? In my case, it's not half, only about 40%
No, they don't gene test. I've never heard of anyone being under suspicion of having a part wolf.

My girlfriend readily told everyone her dog was part wolf. She owned her own property though.

As I said, as a renter, it's best you say part malamute or something like that.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
As I said, as a renter, it's best you say part malamute or something like that.
Sounds like a good idea, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh