U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,651,553 times

Advertisements

I thought this thread was gonna be about the Downtown restaurant Habitat.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 07:18 PM

377 posts, read 623,426 times
Well assuming this post is legit then I would suggest looking in Millvale. You can for sure find an apartment for $600 and there is public transportation.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,443,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Get a job. Problem solved.
how do you know he doesn't already have one?

Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 AM

8 posts, read 7,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Probably scamming us....

Searching for habitat is on the Philly board too.
im not scamming im looking for a place for my soon to be wife and my 5 year old son and myself and rite now i dont care where its at as long as it is far away from where im at and soon as we are to be homeless due to overcrowd situations and also the fact that her ex has made threats toward myself and my fiancé and threatened to kidnap his son. what i am doing is trying to protect those i love so much and now that hes in jail i want to get out of this area so we leave with out any problems. I'm not or ever be a scam-mer i just want me and my family to be happy and stress free. i live in northeastern pa. and if u would like to run my name to prove I'm not scamming its Vincent thank you is that enough to tell you I'm serious about moving. im on ssi and have a limited income till i get out there them my fiance is going to gain employment. but since i want to be out of here by next mont her gaining employment would hurt her work history more than help. please i am asking for help as i am not familer to ther area and i have a limited income till she gets employment out there.this is how real i am being i get 814.00 a month from ssi. if u can help i will be thank full more than u will ever know thank you and god bless.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-09-2013 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: removed personal info

Old 01-08-2013, 12:46 AM

6,542 posts, read 8,348,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny and angel View Post
im not scamming im looking for a place for my soon to be wife and my 5 year old son and myself and rite now i dont care where its at as long as it is far away from where im at and soon as we are to be homeless due to overcrowed situations and also the fact that her ex has made threats toward myself and my fiancé and threatened to kidnap his son. what i am doing is trying to protect those i love so much and now that hes in jail i want to get out of this area so we leave with out any problems. I'm not or ever be a scam-mer i just want me and my family to be happy and stress free. i live in northeastern pa. and if u would like to run my name to prove I'm not scamming its vincent v shaffer and the present address is 1133 ferris ave. berwick pa 18603 thank you is that enuff to tell u im serious about moving. im on ssi and have a limited income till i get out there them my fiance is going to gain employment. but since i want to be out of here by next mont her gaining employment would hurt her workhistory more than help. please i am asking for help as i am not familer to ther area and i have a limited income till she gets employment out there.this is how real i am being i get 814.00 a month from ssi. if u can help i will be thank full more than u will ever know thank you and god bless.
What sort of help are you asking for? If you look on craigslist there are tons of 2 bedroom apartments for $600 and under. I'm sure some of those landlords will be willing to accept someone on SSI. Even if you lower your budget to $500 there are still some 2 bedrooms, and you can expand your options a lot by lowering to a 1 bedroom. So....what exactly are you asking for?

I went on to craigslist myself to pick out a few promising listings when I saw this. Obviously be wary, but it would be a great fit if it's legit.

"Free Housing Opportunity to Someone in Need" in Sheraden - you pay utilities

Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarisnowday View Post
Where has craigslist taken you? You should be able to find a 2BR for $600 somewhere, so long as you have $1200 cash for first months rent and security deposit. Do you have that much? If not, how much do you have? Probably worth lowering your budget and/or looking for a studio or one bedroom. Are you employed at all? Some landlords will ask for a recent paystub.

EDIT: Just had a quick search on craiglist and there are no shortage of 2 bedroom places for $600 or less...what has been the trouble in renting one of these? There must be some factor I'm missing.
the parts that are missing sir are that rite now the 814. a month that i get from ssi are the only income until my fiance gains employment once out there. since i live in berwick i cant get out there to phycially look or tour apartments, it makes it hard. i just want to get my step son and fiance out of a extremely bad situation and i am willing to do what needs to be done to do that.we both have been threatened physical harm and he threatened to kidnap his son. hes in jail and i want to not be homeless and get far away from this area also. i have a responsibility as the head of the house and as far as i am concerned and JAYSIN is also be and do what a father and soon to be husband has to do to keep my family safe. a can check and see that i am not scaming and google map the address and you'll understand why i cant just get out to pitt to look. so with that sir any help you can give me, me and my family would be very thankful for. thank you and god bless sir

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-09-2013 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Removed person info, fixed some typos

Old 01-08-2013, 12:55 AM

6,542 posts, read 8,348,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny and angel View Post
the parts that are missing sir are that rite now the 814. a month that i get from ssi are the only income until my fiance gains employment once out there. since i live in berwick i cant get out there to phycially look or tour apartments, it makes it hard. i just want to get my step son and fiance out of a extremely bad situation and i am willling to do what needs to be done to do that.we both have been threatened physical harm and he threatened to kidnap his son. hes in jail and i want to not be homeless and get far away from this area also. i have a responsabilaty as the head of the house and as far as i am concerned and JAYSIN is also be and do what a father and soon to be husband has to do to keep my family safe. i live iyou can check and see that i am not scaming and google map the address and you'll understand why i cant just get out to pitt to look. so with that sir any help you can give me, me and my family would be very thankful for. thank you and god bless sir
So have you tried contacting any landlords to rent a place site unseen (other than pictures)? Maybe a month to month lease considering the circumstances? What about the craiglist ad I just posted offering free housing for someone specifically in your sort of situation?

Since there have been threats, have you involved the police or social services? Have they been able to offer any help?

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-09-2013 at 03:50 PM..

Old 01-08-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:
so have you tried contacting any landlords to rent a place site unseen (other than pictures)? Maybe a month to month lease considering the circumstances? What about the craiglist ad i just posted offering free housing for someone specifically in your sort of situation?

Since there have been threats, have you involved the police or social services? Have they been able to offer any help?
police and social sevices have not been helpful and i did not get to check craigslist and like 4 different people tried to scam us from philly area so i started to get scared a little i cant afford to get screwed and dont want to but ill check thank you and god bless i guess there is realy still good people out there
vincent v shaffer and family

Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
So have you tried contacting any landlords to rent a place site unseen (other than pictures)? Maybe a month to month lease considering the circumstances? What about the craiglist ad I just posted offering free housing for someone specifically in your sort of situation?

sir could you direct me to that paticular ad so i can take a look at it and respond to it please thank you

Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 AM

i have ssi and my fiance is willing and going to gain employment once we relocate with our son so rite now things are kinda limited and trying to be out of her by next month after living 33 years of hell in this place berwick pa if you want to know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh