Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 01:31 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,821,549 times

Advertisements

Pittsburgh earns more accolades for its resilient, dynamic economy.

Pittsburgh's job creation among U.S. leaders - Pittsburgh Business Times

Quote:
Pittsburgh's job creation among U.S. leaders

Pittsburgh's among only two cities in the East -- and No. 4 in the U.S. -- that have regained all of its private-sector employment following the recession in the latest On Numbers/Business Journals analysis of employment between November 2007 and November 2012.

Pittsburgh's private-sector employment rose 24,800 -- 2.41 percent -- to 1.05 million in those two months five years apart, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. That puts Pittsburgh into pretty select company.

Only 14 major markets have more jobs than before the recession
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 PM

10,224 posts, read 16,794,225 times
fascinating list. vegas, FL, CA owning the bottom tier and TX owning the top. at 2.41% it's double the next closest (raleigh) The happiest and unhappiest cities for workers - Yahoo! Homes

Old 01-15-2013, 05:09 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,790,222 times
am I surprised ; not one bit. Since I started working in Nov, my co workers are just so nice, down to earth and helpful. Once I really hunkered down to looking, I had a job within 2 weeks.

I am liking my work place a lot.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,638,600 times
As someone who will be job hunting in Pittsburgh in the not too distant future, that is very good news. Since I work in the construction industry in the home remodeling sector it means that the local market should be fairly strong. People typically don't remodel unless they feel that their home value is stable and that their job is secure. I know that the contractors I've been scheduling meetings with are very busy. One didn't have an appointment available until Feb and I called him in Dec. The others had more openings, but the one with the best reviews on Angie's List was the one with the fewest appointments. BTW, the others had good reviews too, but either not as many or not quite as glowing as the really, really busy guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh