Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM

11 posts, read 20,999 times

Advertisements

Are there other areas in good school districts with a little more cultural diversity? My relative in Philly says that Pittsburgh has more of a midwestern feel. Would you say this is accurate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 03:56 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,513,131 times
For the OP: Mt lebo's schools are excelent. I don;t know what age your kids are but you should know that there's no school bus transportation in Mt. lebo. Parents pretty much have to find a solution, be it they drop the kids off themsleves, or car pool etc. Since you work from home this might not be an inconvenient to you but I'm just saying.

SInce you asked about other school districts as good as Lebo there are few of them: the adjacent Upper st clair (that competes neck in neck with Lebo), Peters' township is good, and I heard that Mars and O'hara twonship aspinwall, or whaterv that school name is. You can see I live in the south.

I'd say you should come and see all of them and evetually tour the schools and then make a selection. Chances are you'll pick Mt lebanon

Old 02-20-2013, 03:57 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I was one too back then. I'm quite sure we've crossed paths at one of the local watering holes. Possible I sold you an adult beverage..

Did you work at Cain's or The Saloon?

Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 PM

31 posts, read 36,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandLover3 View Post
Are there other areas in good school districts with a little more cultural diversity? My relative in Philly says that Pittsburgh has more of a midwestern feel. Would you say this is accurate?
I don't know about the Midwest, as I've never lived there. I've lived in West Texas, Southern Arizona, Rural West Virginia, and D.C. Metro, in addition to Pittsburgh.

This is the least diverse place I've ever lived. There are pockets of diversity, particularly around the universities, but it's uni-diversity, as it were. That being said, my son's day care class is -fantastically- diverse: children from African, Asian, Indian, Hispanic, and yes, Caucasian heritage all represented, more or less equally. I can't explain it. I have no idea where they're hiding. They certainly don't live around us.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Did you work at Cain's or The Saloon?
Sunken Cork and Korner Pub. I occupied bar stools at Andy's Loop, The Saloon and Cain's.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Sunken Cork and Korner Pub. I occupied bar stools at Andy's Loop, The Saloon and Cain's.

Wow, the Sunken Cork, you are OLD! Just like me. I lived in the apt bldg next to the Korner Pub, and had a few brew at the Loop. The cork is now a RE office, Cain's is still Cain's.

Small world.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Wow, the Sunken Cork, you are OLD! Just like me. I lived in the apt bldg next to the Korner Pub, and had a few brew at the Loop. The cork is now a RE office, Cain's is still Cain's.

Small world.
Smallish yes. I did enjoy my time in Lebo. I'd re-live it again in a heartbeat given the opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh