Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 07:07 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,826,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
I don't understand the point that you're trying to make. Seven Springs is a ski resort that is roughly an hour and a half from downtown Pittsburgh. It isn't even located in the same county. Saying that Seven Springs has any affiliation whatsoever with the city of Pittsburgh, would be like saying that Big Bear Mountain is in Los Angeles.
What a ridiculously critical and off-the-mark response.

Seven Springs is clearly a Pittsburgh region amenity.

Nice post, h_curtis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 07:11 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Must have some weird micro climate there. All the snow is gone in my yard, has been for days! Well, except for a tiny dusting this morning.

Trust me, I do. My drive-way will have 3 inches, and down below there is nothing.

As to 7 Springs, great place within 70 minutes of my house. A lot of cool places within a one hour drive of Pittsburgh.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:19 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Why got to 7 Springs when this is my view from my easy chair.
It can't look like that right now. It has been too warm. No snow at all in my town.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
It can't look like that right now. It has been too warm. No snow at all in my town.
Did I say it was from today?

Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,131,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
I don't understand the point that you're trying to make. Seven Springs is a ski resort that is roughly an hour and a half from downtown Pittsburgh. It isn't even located in the same county. Saying that Seven Springs has any affiliation whatsoever with the city of Pittsburgh, would be like saying that Big Bear Mountain is in Los Angeles.
So? Mount Rainier is about as far from downtown Seattle and people associate it with Seattle.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:54 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,529,010 times
I wouldn't say that 7Springs goes unnoticed. Plenty of people ski in the burgh. Some stay close. Others go to Wisp, others head south to the West Virginia resorts and still others head north to NY resorts.

Skiing is an expensive sport for a family. If you are skiing by yourself that is one thing but if you are bringing a wife and a few kids that is something else.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
I used to love to run over to Seven Springs when I live in Pittsburgh. I really miss that place. It is close enough and seems like another world once you're there.

When I was in High School, in Mt Lebanon, we would charter a couple buses for Friday Night ski trips all winter long. That was one of my favorite school activities.

As an adult I really enjoyed my time there, inside and out. Was it the Foggy Goggle?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I used to love to run over to Seven Springs when I live in Pittsburgh. I really miss that place. It is close enough and seems like another world once you're there.

When I was in High School, in Mt Lebanon, we would charter a couple buses for Friday Night ski trips all winter long. That was one of my favorite school activities.

As an adult I really enjoyed my time there, inside and out. Was it the Foggy Goggle?

Old 02-28-2013, 02:29 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,986,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Heck, yesterday people were saying how horrible the cold Portland like rain we are having is and some guys said, I love the rain! I love all season white water rafting and this rain means good times.
a) I am a whitewater enthusiast. And you're a masochist.

b) You must not own a dog.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
a) I am a whitewater enthusiast. And you're a masochist.

b) You must not own a dog.
I own dogs and I love rain---even after camping for weeks with dogs and muddy tents!

Whitewater rafting in the rain sounds fantastic to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh