Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 10:57 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,828,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Mark Madden?
Who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,940,278 times
Quote:
Mark Madden?
Nah. Mark Madden's just a yinzer.....Who happens to make fun....of yinzers. If you actually listen to him talk, he's a pretty intelligent guy. It's that accent and voice of his though. It's like having a dog bark in your ear. You can almost smell his breath coming through the speakers.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:44 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,446,660 times
Put those two clowns in a debate about anything and Madden would wipe the floor with MY MAN Griffin. I met Madden in person, he's not doing an act, he's rude all the time.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:53 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,287,663 times
Glare of political life is intense for families - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

I must admit I can really empathize with the mayor as I read this article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. I'm in my mid-20s, and the prospect of serving as either a city councilman or mayor of a city I love has always been in my blood. I grew up playing games like SimCity and would scrutinize budgets, lower tax rates whenever possible, and always try to put the needs of my virtual citizens first. I would attend city council meetings as a teenager and pitched ideas from the podium. I also went toe-to-toe at the podium at my township's board meeting and grilled a developer who was planning a project with questionable net economic benefit to our community.

A run for city council may very well be in my future once I become a homeowner and once I hit 30 (to avoid the stigmas of being "not invested in the city" as a renter and of being merely a "boy politician" by the yinzers). I do know, however, that I can't silently stomach criticism and know I would always be defending my positions whenever they were scrutinized. Unless I can learn how to grow a "thick skin", which our incumbent mayor apparently was unable to do, I will be unlikely to run after reading about the emotional and psychological toll the job took on Mr. Ravenstahl.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Who?
He's the pompous-sounding sports guy on 105.9 "The X" who always talks as if he's yelling. That station happens to be one of my local favorites, but I wince whenever he's on.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:18 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,940,278 times
Quote:
Unless I can learn how to grow a "thick skin", which our incumbent mayor apparently was unable to do, I will be unlikely to run after reading about the emotional and psychological toll the job took on Mr. Ravenstahl.
Well, when you change your last name to "Steelerstahl" (even temporarily) and pull stunts like this: 2 Political Junkies: Luke Ravenstahl - Pittsburgh's Embarrassment, You should expect some backlash and have the associated thick skin to deal with it.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:21 AM

44,940 posts, read 59,929,483 times
Who are you guys going to ***** about now?

Never mind, I just read more of the thread.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Who are you guys going to ***** about now?
Yac?

Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,498,965 times
My guess is the police chief is throwing him under the bus. Oh and the mayor is doing a bit more than not running for reelection:

Quote:
Ravenstahl hires attorney to represent him in federal investiation

A high-profile criminal defense attorney acknowledged on Friday that he represents Mayor Luke Ravenstahl in a federal investigation of a secret credit union account used by his bodyguards and tied to police brass....
more: Ravenstahl hires attorney to represent him in federal investiation | TribLIVE

Old 03-02-2013, 07:25 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,842,546 times
Quote:
The emotional and psychological toll the job took on Mr. Ravenstahl.
Certain aspects of it, say by not cheating on your wife numerous times, could have been easily avoided
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh