Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:57 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times

Advertisements

He can't be too concerned - I saw him at the Pens game in front of me last week fighting with some girl over her phone for part of the 3rd period & then again at Fatheads on Monday night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 11:16 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
Doesn't look so good for Luke. This scandal seems to be creeping closer to him by the week.
Maybe there will be a navy blue dress some girl didn't take to the dry cleaners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
He can't be too concerned - I saw him at the Pens game in front of me last week fighting with some girl over her phone for part of the 3rd period & then again at Fatheads on Monday night.
Sounds like a class act.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 AM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Geez, what an idiot. I'm not sure who is more guilty - him or the idiots who enable and reward such bad behaviors.

I wonder if he has a mental disorder of some kind, like a personality disorder. Psychopath? Narcissistic? Borderline? Or, one that is frequently associated with the others: Politician?

Old 05-08-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
Geez, what an idiot. I'm not sure who is more guilty - him or the idiots who enable and reward such bad behaviors.

I wonder if he has a mental disorder of some kind, like a personality disorder. Psychopath? Narcissistic? Borderline? Or, one that is frequently associated with the others: Politician?
He seems to have entitlement issues, but many young people today have that problem.

I don't know much about him, but here are the behavior characteristics of each for anyone who wants to try to figure it out.

Narcissistic personality disorder: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

Borderline personality disorder: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

Psychopath vs Sociopath - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

Old 05-08-2013, 04:28 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Maybe there will be a navy blue dress some girl didn't take to the dry cleaners.

Sounds like a class act.

Mayor Luke is definitely a jagoff, but no one can deny that Pittsburgh under his rule has done pretty well during the bad economic times.

I'd rather have a mayor with a bit less class yet produces results, than a real class act that sees the ship of state sink.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:31 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,882,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Mayor Luke is definitely a jagoff, but no one can deny that Pittsburgh under his rule has done pretty well during the bad economic times.

I'd rather have a mayor with a bit less class yet produces results, than a real class act that sees the ship of state sink.
In general I agree with this statement, but I likewise can't think of anything he's specifically done to usher in any of the positives that the region is experiencing. More of just being there for the ride - though have to give some credit i suppose for him not interfereing - but I have to think that a higher bar for leadership then that should be sought for our leaders.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post

I like a good scandal. I don't care whose scandal it is.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:45 PM

Ravenstahl's home renovations linked to Pittsburgh city contractor - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The PG is probably going out of its way to find stuff on him at this point, but it's shady nonetheless. I wouldn't normally comment on a person's house, but I think it's safe to assume he could have bought something a little nicer - what taste!

Looks like there was more clear cutting on Mt. Washington over the winter - maybe the City will need that contractor's services again by the end of the year.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:30 PM

That was anticlimactic. Find me some good dirt, Clint!

Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 PM

Hmm, I'm no P.I. Tell the bloodhounds at the PG to get some better material asap...message board prowlers and bloggers everywhere are waiting for hardworking investigative journalists to break stories so they can add commentary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh