U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,965,806 times

Advertisements

legalize it all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 AM

73 posts, read 80,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
What do you mean you don't agree with the charges?
I am sorry HOPES. I don't agree with them selling drugs. I should have been more clear.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:00 PM

43,016 posts, read 49,419,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homewood_Resident-15208 View Post
I am sorry HOPES. I don't agree with them selling drugs. I should have been more clear.
Thanks for clarifying. If what you say is true about some of the minors being as young as 3rd graders, I sure wish there were stiff penalties for anyone who involves children like that. I understand these criminals use children because children get lesser sentences, but maybe they would be less likely to use children if they risked life in prison for using children. After all, they are clearly adjusting how they operate according to laws, so maybe they would stop using children if the law made it too big of a risk. It's just a shame.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 PM

1,132 posts, read 751,959 times
Quote:
What do you mean you don't agree with the charges?
Not everyone supports the war on drugs, the expensive failure that it is.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:52 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,724,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homewood_Resident-15208 View Post
First off, let me state that I don't agree with the crimes these individuals are being charged with. I did live in Homestead for a few years around the time Danielle Settles was gunned down in the park. I also stayed in contact with some of the people caught in this " MAJOR" bust. I can say that the people being on these criminal charges didn't have anything to do with the shooting of Ms. Settles. As majority of them the accused we're not even past 3 or 6 grade. As for the recent crimes when you have drug issue you have an Major crime issue. I do think the Local Agencies are inflating the seizure a bit IMO of course I know just as much as everyone not involved.
Now you see I don't know the backgrounds, but I believe you if you say that they're innocent... The headline of this article caught my attention so I posted a thread about it, but like I said I don't know about the underlying background stories about these individuals...
However, the "Uptown Crew" aka the UpTown Homestead Crips formerly known as the Westside Crips have been in Northern/Western Homestead since 1992-1993, and have been involved in several Crip VS Crip beefs. The Westside & the Eastside Crips were shooting out when she was killed in 1996. Also, in 2012 at the playground the UpTown Homestead Crips were beefin with a few sets of the Hazelwood Crips. I'm not saying the suspects in this case are guilty of those shootings, but the gang they rep might be.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:01 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,478,427 times
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. If what you say is true about some of the minors being as young as 3rd graders, I sure wish there were stiff penalties for anyone who involves children like that. I understand these criminals use children because children get lesser sentences, but maybe they would be less likely to use children if they risked life in prison for using children. After all, they are clearly adjusting how they operate according to laws, so maybe they would stop using children if the law made it too big of a risk. It's just a shame.
I think what he's saying is that those arrested weren't involved in the Settles killing, because they were small kids back in 1996. The guys involved in that are likely approaching middle age now.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:39 PM

73 posts, read 80,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
I think what he's saying is that those arrested weren't involved in the Settles killing, because they were small kids back in 1996. The guys involved in that are likely approaching middle age now.
Correct Herodotus, back then the ones that was involved in the Settles killing wasn't arrested yesterday.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:19 PM

Thanks for clarifying. I understand now. I still think there should be life in prison for involving minors in drug distribution.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 PM

Check out my "Kudos to Mt. Lebanon" thread. Kudos to Mt. Lebanon It's relevant to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh