Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 07:40 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,602,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
The contrarian in me doesn't believe the republicans leadership wants privatization at all even now & knowing that Wolf will veto the idea they can pass the bill for the sole purpose of pointing their fingers at the governor in the future over an issue that the majority of citizens favor.
Republicans have been fighting for liquor privatization for years, so no, I don't believe they're using it as a political poker chip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 07:49 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,878,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Republicans have been fighting for liquor privatization for years, so no, I don't believe they're using it as a political poker chip.
Then how could they manage to not pass privatization in the four years of having a governor that was willing to sign the bill while controlling both the PA House & Senate

Old 02-27-2015, 06:52 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,538,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Then how could they manage to not pass privatization in the four years of having a governor that was willing to sign the bill while controlling both the PA House & Senate
Corruption.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:54 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,643,742 times
Fingers crossed but not holding my breath (don't want to turn blue) because I don't think it will pass.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,253,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodjules View Post
Fingers crossed but not holding my breath (don't want to turn blue) because I don't think it will pass.
It might pass the legislature, but the governor won't sign it- the unions gave him a lot of money and support in 2014.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:44 AM

3,463 posts, read 4,643,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
It might pass the legislature, but the governor won't sign it- the unions gave him a lot of money and support in 2014.
I figured as much. A girl can only dream.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:12 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,954,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Yep, just like every otter governor, he is working for special interest and not a voice of the majority. Same old, same old. I also think he will be a fiscal nightmare and no growth during his term due to companies not wanting to invest in PA with his style. Massive taxation and bigger spending.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:00 AM

31 posts, read 45,890 times
Default Liquor bill going nowhere

They didn't pass this with Corbett who would sign the bill and they are not going to pass this with Wolf who will not, though it actually might make it to the governor.

Every PA politician knows the present liquor store system is widely unpopular. Only the union leaders (not the rank and file) defend it. They'll vote for it to say they voted for it knowing full well it won't become law. Very safe vote and politically popular.

This is all much ado about nothing. Not going to happen.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:12 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,954,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildPittBill View Post
This is all much ado about nothing. Not going to happen.
Not true. It is a clear view how Wolf is in the pocket of special interest. It is very clear the will of the people want to have choices in wine, beer and liquor like every other state in the US, BUT Wolf said he would veto it if it makes his table. Therefore, there is only one conclusion. Wolf is NOT the voice of the people, his is bought and sold by special interest. Can't get much clearer than this case and it needs to be shown to all residents of our state. Some people think Wolf is some kind of savior. We sure need someone to root for, but he is clearly NOT a good choice. I think Corbett could have done more, but it is so hard to change anything in such a non progressive state like PA. More new taxes and more spending is Wolf, not to mention this clear picture of who he really is. NOT the voice of what PA wants. Wonder what money motivation he has to persuade him to clearly go against the people? What is the motive? How does he benefit financially? Can he keep contributions as some sort of income? How do they do it? He gets a new Mercedes for him and his friends? What is the angle? I really am interested if someone knows the ins and outs. There must be financial gain.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:22 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,253,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Not true. It is a clear view how Wolf is in the pocket of special interest. It is very clear the will of the people want to have choices in wine, beer and liquor like every other state in the US, BUT Wolf said he would veto it if it makes his table. Therefore, there is only one conclusion. Wolf is NOT the voice of the people, his is bought and sold by special interest. Can't get much clearer than this case and it needs to be shown to all residents of our state. Some people think Wolf is some kind of savior. We sure need someone to root for, but he is clearly NOT a good choice. .

Gov. Wolf was on the up and up on this issue. He told the electorate in advance of the election he was against privatizing liquor sales. and the people voted for him anyhow.

They either agreed with the then candidate, or thought it wasn't an important issue.

After all, the man won the election, the people spoke. I don't think there is anything corrupt going on, promises were made before the people voted and now he's keeping them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh