Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 08:04 PM

2,576 posts, read 3,093,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Your small cranium wouldn't understand. It has NOTHING to do with MY wealth. It has to do with being fair. We get less and less and they keep taking more and more. Read my lips, "No new taxes". Ha, ha, ha! It is one big scam. You might as well just get back on your smartphone and look at your Facebook mess. That is what they love as they rob us all blind.
The "Progressives", amirite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 08:12 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Your small cranium wouldn't understand. It has NOTHING to do with MY wealth. It has to do with being fair. We get less and less and they keep taking more and more. Read my lips, "No new taxes". Ha, ha, ha! It is one big scam. You might as well just get back on your smartphone and look at your Facebook mess. That is what they love as they rob us all blind.
Yeah, fair. Whatever. Some people are born into such entitlement that they never develop into adults. That's NOT fair. Someone has to run society. Others have to pay for it. You've separated yourself in some kind of imaginary "us vs. them" worldview that somehow gives your life meaning. You're right. I don't understand you. You are lost in yourself. Put the bottle down. You might have the money, but you still can't afford it.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:29 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
....You've separated yourself in some kind of imaginary "us vs. them" worldview that somehow gives your life meaning. You're right. I don't understand you. You are lost in yourself. Put the bottle down. You might have the money, but you still can't afford it.
I get a kick out of this. 8 "you" variations in such a tiny amount of words. Us vs. them? Interesting.

You are dust in the wind, just like everyone else. We are all a cancer to the planet and don't benefit anything here in any way. Bees as an example pollenate, so they are much higher up on the list of caretakers of the planet than a human could ever be. Humans only look out for themselves if you are looking at if from a true world perspective. Meaning? Yes, I am sure you have great purpose.

I think I am done here. I discussed the topic enough. Lets keep raising taxes and keep letting the special interest run the middle class into nothing. Look at the cap on Social Security. The top 1% don't even have anything taken out of their paychecks at this late in the year. Some people stopped paying into it in January. Lets tax wine to death. That will help I am sure. Only the rich can afford such luxuries in life, sort of like how Cheney gets a heart transplant right away. Yep, more taxation will help.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:32 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Yikes. Bleak. I was wrong. Keep drinking.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:39 PM

387 posts, read 408,525 times
This was just a pipe dream all along.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:01 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
I was wrong.
Correct.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:15 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
A few weeks ago I was visiting my friend`s camp in Tidioute Pa. where a 30 pack of Bud sells for $27 and here in Tarentum I can get the same for $22. I wonder what those people will be paying for a bottle of wine or liquor if the stores become privatized. I hope they`re not expecting any bargains.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:35 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
A few weeks ago I was visiting my friend`s camp in Tidioute Pa. where a 30 pack of Bud sells for $27 and here in Tarentum I can get the same for $22. I wonder what those people will be paying for a bottle of wine or liquor if the stores become privatized. I hope they`re not expecting any bargains.
There's a Walmart nearby, with their buying power I'm sure there would be no problem for the fine folks of Tidioute getting booze cheaply if the Walmart were allowed to sell it.

I'm sure that 30 pack would be available cheaper there too if beer sales werent another state allowed monopoly going on.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:00 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
There's a $5 difference on most cases of beer between many distributors, even some only being a few miles apart from each other. Some even charge extra for cold where a distributor nearby doesn't.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:30 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
There's a Walmart nearby, with their buying power I'm sure there would be no problem for the fine folks of Tidioute getting booze cheaply if the Walmart were allowed to sell it.

I'm sure that 30 pack would be available cheaper there too if beer sales werent another state allowed monopoly going on.
Your " nearby" Walmart is a 30 minute drive. You know that Walmart employees collect $6.2 BILLION a year from taxpayer subsidies while the state store employees can actually buy things and drive the economy. How easily played some people are by the wealthiest family on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh