Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Oh gimmie a friggin' break! Pittsburgh's punk "scene" is one of the most pathetic, poseur (I hate using that word, but it couldn't apply here more) infested lot of numb-skulls and idiots I've ever encountered! I don't even know where to begin when I talk about that scene.

You wanna see a REAL punk scene, go to Chicago, San Diego, or Baltimore. In Pittsburgh, it's either indie / alternacore garbage and DIY venues run by the most snobby, prickish hipsters imaginable, or it's the the retarded "hardcore crew" type scene, which consists of jock-type tough guys and music that can only be described as the most simplistic version of thrash metal in existence. It's not even real hardcore music, and most of the retards in that scene probably don't even know who Dr. Know or Ray Cappo even are.

While we're on the subject of these awesome local music scenes, lest us not forget that several of the most violent and idiotic "DIY punk" scenes on the planet (Hardcore crews) call Pittsburgh and far eastern Ohio home. These pathetic specimens of humanity pride themselves in going to punk shows of all sub-genres, and beating the crap out of kids 10:1, if they so much as look at them the wrong way. Remember back in the 90's when big-name Epitaph / Fat Wreckcords / Dr. Strange / and even major label punk bands used to come to Pittsburgh all the time? Ala Bad Religion, Face to Face, etc? Notice how they seem to skip over Pixburgh these days? Gee....Wonder why!
lolz @ calling people poseurs and hipsters while lamenting the bygone 90s and wishing Bad Religion or Face to Face would come back. Seriously, are people still considering themselves some kind of elite for being into music that has saturated pop culture for about 20 years now? Awesome, you're punk! Way to self-select. Newsflash: hardcore and punk shows in 2013 attract "retards". It's been that way for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 AM

99 posts, read 147,073 times
this thread is funny. half of my breakdance crew lives in braddock and they are definitely not posers!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:59 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Oh gimmie a friggin' break! Pittsburgh's punk "scene" is one of the most pathetic, poseur (I hate using that word, but it couldn't apply here more) infested lot of numb-skulls and idiots I've ever encountered! I don't even know where to begin when I talk about that scene.

You wanna see a REAL punk scene, go to Chicago, San Diego, or Baltimore. In Pittsburgh, it's either indie / alternacore garbage and DIY venues run by the most snobby, prickish hipsters imaginable, or it's the the retarded "hardcore crew" type scene, which consists of jock-type tough guys and music that can only be described as the most simplistic version of thrash metal in existence. It's not even real hardcore music, and most of the retards in that scene probably don't even know who Dr. Know or Ray Cappo even are.

While we're on the subject of these awesome local music scenes, lest us not forget that several of the most violent and idiotic "DIY punk" scenes on the planet (Hardcore crews) call Pittsburgh and far eastern Ohio home. These pathetic specimens of humanity pride themselves in going to punk shows of all sub-genres, and beating the crap out of kids 10:1, if they so much as look at them the wrong way. Remember back in the 90's when big-name Epitaph / Fat Wreckcords / Dr. Strange / and even major label punk bands used to come to Pittsburgh all the time? Ala Bad Religion, Face to Face, etc? Notice how they seem to skip over Pixburgh these days? Gee....Wonder why!

Growing up in a blue collar town and always frickin' working, I always wondered how the hippies, punks, and dare I say beatnicks got the money to survive. Man, if you can be cool and not work, I want the recipe.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
hr is close to 70!

H.R. is 57. Charlie Harper, on the other hand, is almost 70.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
you're right, i suck at math.

charlie harper seems like he has been 70 since like 1994!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 AM

1,860 posts, read 2,579,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
lolz @ calling people poseurs and hipsters while lamenting the bygone 90s and wishing Bad Religion or Face to Face would come back. Seriously, are people still considering themselves some kind of elite for being into music that has saturated pop culture for about 20 years now?
Century III mall closed. Mall punks not dead in Pittsburgh.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM

in the 90s there were way more hot topics but now the scene sucks it moved to chicago waaaaah.

if u don't look punk u r not punk.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
fckin poseurs don't even know who Ãœkla is!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,719,253 times
I've been trying to book the Offspring at Club Laga since 2004 but can't seem to be able to. God damn scene is turds.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Growing up in a blue collar town and always frickin' working, I always wondered how the hippies, punks, and dare I say beatnicks got the money to survive. Man, if you can be cool and not work, I want the recipe.
You've described my own neighborhood to a "T". My partner and I both work at least 40 hours per week (often 60 hours for me). I'm home right now---midday on a Wednesday---on a brief break between shifts, and my residential street is lined with parked late-model cars. It appears as if few people here work, yet everyone's loaded. I really wish someone would show me where the East End Money Tree is planted so I could suckle at its teat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh