Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:17 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubbbanguz View Post
besides you cant say to unemployment this guy never worked here. so all i had to do was prove that i worked and infact i worked there for maybe 3 -4 years.. thats easily disputable the employer is paying out of a personal bank account
That's right. His credibility is shot. He can't say that you left without just cause if he doesn't even acknowledge you worked there.

Quote:
...so why would any wages show up? or how about this he used to give us 2 checks on payday..one payroll with a couple hours and the rest in a personal check.. with taxes supposedly took n out of both maybe thats y...
Do you have a bank account? Your bank will have pictures of those personal checks you deposited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 06:36 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,801,199 times
The employer is wrong. One never ever pays employees out of a personal bank account. As a former employer, I think you need to keep records for 7 years. The way unemployment goes is that employer to let you go is on the hook for the unemployment benefits, if that is less than 26 weeks, then the next employer is on the hook and so on until they reach 26 weeks. If you left of your own accord, you cannot get unemployment benefits.

Now, if the employer is saying you never worked there, it is up to you to proove you did.Sounds like he was trying to avoid paying taxes on what was earned. That my friend is totally wrong. You will have to do a lot of background searching for the records of his personal checks ; and of course he will be fined for doing that.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:11 AM

15 posts, read 34,550 times
i figured i actually have every copy of checks cashed luckily for me i made friend with the bank tellers lol...becouse my w2's are ****ed up in the last 3 years i only made 6 grand acording to my irs and ssn i owe them money sum how..and ive been looking at the emoyeer hand book you have to keep records for up to 3 years

Old 04-20-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
i figured i actually have every copy of checks cashed luckily for me i made friend with the bank tellers lol...becouse my w2's are ****ed up in the last 3 years i only made 6 grand acording to my irs and ssn i owe them money sum how..and ive been looking at the emoyeer hand book you have to keep records for up to 3 years
I'm glad you have copies of all checks you deposited. Have you provided copies of all checks to unemployment for their investigation?

Since your employer deducted taxes from your paycheck, your employer should pay any taxes that weren't paid.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:40 AM

well i did send them and to b honest i dont have every check i cashed being i didnt have a bank account and checks came from diffrent banks so i cashed them at the bank they where written out to...but i can write a letter to the banks requesting them checks ..but its a $dollar fee...but they have made a determination i will see how much i am supposed to get...but if the wages are in correct i can appeal that right?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:21 AM

56 posts, read 184,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
He already stated that he has been determined eligible when he won on appeal. The only issue that remains is the wage investigation.
WRONG!! In order to collect UC 2 things have to happen in specific order to be ELIGIBLE for unemployment.

1. He has to be financially eligible. That is why they are conducting a WAGE INVESTIGATION. When the appeal was filed it was determined there were usable wages. That is happening now.

2. Once and if you are found FINANCIALLY ELIGIBLE. You need a qualifying reason for being SEPARATED from your employer.

You have to be found financially eligible FIRST. Then they make a decision on his quit.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Quite Right View Post
Then they make a decision on his quit.
A company can't claim a person quit when they deny that person worked for them and didn't pay their taxes via theft.

I hope his employer goes to jail. I'd have the IRS and every other government authority all over his business and personal bank accounts.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:12 PM

56 posts, read 184,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
A company can't claim a person quit when they deny that person worked for them ...

EXACTLY!!!! That is why a wage investigation is happening first. If he is found financially eligible THEN the quit will be addressed.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite right View Post
exactly!!!! that is why a wage investigation is happening first. If he is found financially eligible then the quit will be addressed.
i already am eligible for unemployment (appeal) that's y there is a wage investigation
if he said i never worked there i appealed that decision so why would you have to even verify my termination status ??? At the appeal they asked why was i fired his response was he didn't know why

Old 04-21-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
i already am eligible for unemployment (appeal) that's y there is a wage investigation
if he said i never worked there i appealed that decision so why would you have to even verify my termination status ??? At the appeal they asked why was i fired his response was he didn't know why
Sounds like you're eligible to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh