Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:34 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Husband Arrested, Charged In Doctor's Cyanide Poisoning Death
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 08:47 PM

I'm disappointed in Cyril Wecht for taking the case on behalf of the Ferrante.

Pitt Researcher in Cyanide Case Arrested in W.Va. - ABC News

Old 07-25-2013, 09:10 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,595,436 times
They caught him near Beckley, WV. I assume this is further proof that everybody must stop at the Tamarack.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
They caught him near Beckley, WV. I assume this is further proof that everybody must stop at the Tamarack.
I've never been to the Tamarack. I must be missing out on something. He was in Florida on vacation with his daughter. Apparently he was on his way back to Pittsburgh to turn himself in after his lawyer told him there was a warrant for his arrest, but Pittsburgh police still sent out a bulletin to have him arrested because he had the financial means to flea and he was picked up by WV state police. I'm surprised he wasn't caught earlier in one of the states along the way. It wasn't like he was hiding.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm disappointed in Cyril Wecht for taking the case on behalf of the Ferrante.

Pitt Researcher in Cyanide Case Arrested in W.Va. - ABC News

I can't blame Wecht for that, it is the way the gentleman earns his living.

Only so many people are in need of his services, not too many cases hinge on the autopsy findings and most of them don't have defendants that are able to pay.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:36 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,595,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I've never been to the Tamarack. I must be missing out on something.
It's just a good place for coffee and a bathroom.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:41 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
I thought it was weird that he was driving back. I read the big P-G article a little while ago. Said he was in St Augustine, but they picked him up near Beckley. He had to start that drive pretty early this morning. And certainly seemed like he was driving back towards here, that was the right way. So don't think he was running really, not sure.

Tamarack, I didn't stop the last time I passed, in either direction. But usually I do one way or the other, so yes, everyone must stop. Last time I stopped it was lunchtime and the lunch was fantastic. The cafe is run by the Greenbrier. Other than that it's a big round shop full of stuff all handmade in WV. Some of the artisans are invited to use the studios in the building, which are designed so you can watch them work.

Really tends to eat up time though if you're trying to get somewhere, LOL.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:23 AM

510 posts, read 905,774 times
I knew Autumn. Her death is a tragic loss not only for her daughter and her family and friends, but for everyone. She was doing some amazing and groundbreaking work to help really high risk women get through pregnancy successfully. I cannot believe her life has ended in such a horrible way.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:28 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveKendall View Post
I knew Autumn. Her death is a tragic loss not only for her daughter and her family and friends, but for everyone. She was doing some amazing and groundbreaking work to help really high risk women get through pregnancy successfully. I cannot believe her life has ended in such a horrible way.
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was so beautiful, at least from the two photos I've seen of her. I also can't help but shake my head at the waste of two brilliant minds that could have done so much good for our world. Both were Ivy-League-educated researchers trying to improve the lives of those around them. Apparently paranoia about infidelity led her husband to act irrationally. Naturally he's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law; however, it is indeed strange that he ordered cyanide for no apparent reason just days prior to Autumn's untimely demise, and the accounts of UPMC employees who said he kept referring to her in the past tense when she was still alive and seemed to be "acting" about being grief-stricken don't bode well for his innocence. Their poor daughter!

Old 07-26-2013, 07:35 AM

What blows my mind is the paramedics seeing a vial with white powder at the scene.

Why weren't the police there? Why didn't the police get it as evidence?

Obviously the paramedics found it strange enough to have a conversation with the husband about it at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh