Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 01:45 PM

2,576 posts, read 3,093,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selltheburgh View Post
I knew these women and it is horrible.

I'm out of the country and not getting full info but I've been getting texts from friends and cops saying it is all very odd because of no forced entry and her car being missing as well as the nature of the murders.
You have my condolences, STB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 04:48 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,901 times
part of me thinks who ever did it, is probably close to the victims house. think along black St. lately every weekend(it seems) there's been cops all over between black st and Stanton and negley.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:10 PM

1,901 posts, read 4,379,878 times
^ Well the drug crews which claim turf on Black Street/Hays Street/Columbo Street and Negley Avenue are definitely still active... Plus heroin addicts are really adding to the local rash in robberies/home invasions in attempts to buy this new stamped bag junk...

Yet I don't know if the normal culprits, ie. gangsters and druggies, are the leading suspects in this case. This type of incident seems too advanced for them from what the news has reported. Now I'm no detective, although I think the killer(s) were psychological maniacs who knew the victems, rather than a/some hoodlum(s). To me this seems clausable since one of the victims was apparently a doctor at Western Psych.

Last edited by Uptown kid; 02-08-2014 at 06:30 PM..

Old 02-08-2014, 05:37 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown kid View Post
Yet I don't know if the normal culprits, ie. gangsters and druggies, are the leading suspects in this case. This type of incident seems too advanced for them from what the news has reported. Now I'm no detective, although I think the killer(s) were psychological maniacs who knew the victems, rather than a/some hoodlum(s). To me this seems clausable since one of the victims was apparently a doctor at Western Pysch.
Yeah, I had friends who worked at Western Psych (well before the shooting recently) and they all definitely occasionally had clients which disturbed the hell out of them and in some cases attempted to stalk them.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:16 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selltheburgh View Post
I knew these women and it is horrible.

I'm out of the country and not getting full info but I've been getting texts from friends and cops saying it is all very odd because of no forced entry and her car being missing as well as the nature of the murders.
im sorry this happened to someone you know. it probably puts a dark pall over your perspective on life.
the post-gazette had an article - in it, one sister was described as being so gregarious and a real people person - i hope the perpetrator did not take advantage of their trust.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:33 PM

225 posts, read 323,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
there is consistent and almost 'open air' drug pushing/selling at broad and sheridan (and closeby) in warmer months. there may be a prostitute working that area, too. after about 4pm the place gets busy with people parking in the vicinity for the dollar store and dominos. not all of them are there for drugs (most arent).

but if you are female, you wont have issues unless you play it mindfully.

i would not linger for long and be obvious, though.

but strangely, as unsavory as it might be to some people, to most its "whatever", and they enjoy their time there (like someone said - growing # of options for food)....check out the jamaican cuisine (?) place on Broad Street. i never have, but how many jamaican places are there in pittsburgh? one?

i wouldnt be too worried, but your concerns are valid.
That's totally false. There is virtually nobody who hangs out at the corner of Broad and Sheridan - other than techies from AlphaLab. I have never-ever seen a prostitute there.

The barber shop up the street is a bit troublesome, but it won't be there much longer.

The reality is that if your not looking for trouble the area is perfectly fine.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:49 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markson33 View Post
That's totally false. There is virtually nobody who hangs out at the corner of Broad and Sheridan - other than techies from AlphaLab. I have never-ever seen a prostitute there.

The barber shop up the street is a bit troublesome, but it won't be there much longer.

The barbershop is not troublesome at all. My barber is a God fearing man. If you walk past the place during his working hours you will only hear alternative christian music. I take my son there and have never felt threatend or unsafe. Maybe your perception of the people makes you uncomfortable. There are some very young barbers and maybe thats what your afraid of? Not sure why it would be considered troublesome. I dont think the place is going anywhere soon. The ice cream shop next door is run by the shop owner.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:09 PM

225 posts, read 323,846 times
Didn't mean to imply that it was going out of business or anything, just that rents in East Liberty are going way up and it's inevitably going to be hard for any small business owner to stay.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:11 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,579,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markson33 View Post

There are jitney drivers who hang out on that block a lot waiting for people who need rides. There are also some people who hang out in front of the Jamaican place waiting for food. I have smelled reefer around there a few times but you are more likely to get hit by a car from a bad driver passing through than catching a contact buzz from those guys.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:26 PM

1,901 posts, read 4,379,878 times
"smelled reefer"

Come'on just say weed. Shoot even on the political shows, the news and ESPN they're at least calling it "pot"... Reefer's soooooo 60's/70's/80's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh