Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:57 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,405 times

Advertisements

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but why are there so few attractive women in southwestern PA? It's always seemed to me that, around here, if a woman isn't obese and isn't particularly offensive to the eyes, then she's considered to be "hot". I guess there's even a term for it: "Pittsburgh hot".

There just has always seemed to me to be a disproportionate amount of rather "rough around the edges" chicks in this area. Don't get me wrong, I don't think every woman in Pittsburgh is a pig. I've seen a few 8's here and there. By and large however, there just aren't as many hot women here as there are in other cities I've been to, and I've always wondered why that is. Genetics? Something environmental? Abundance of tobacco use and/or drug & alcohol consumption (God knows there's plenty of both in this area)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
I find the lack of shallowness here to be refreshing. Everyone thought they were too good for me romantically back in NoVA. When I moved to Pittsburgh I had two guys fighting over me. I don't look to date only "hot" guys, and obviously my potential suitors felt the same way towards me. Sure, if there's no physical attraction it will be difficult for anyone to proceed beyond that; however, in Pittsburgh it seems like even if someone isn't physically attracted to you initially they'll still provide you with the opportunity to woo them in other ways whereas after a few seconds of being sized up I felt like I was worthless after constant rejection in NoVA.

Beauty is much more than just skin deep.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:10 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,976,499 times
I think SCR is right. There's not anything inherently different about the attractiveness of people in Pittsburgh, it's just that we put less effort into our appearances than people in some other regions. Not to mention that we only have so many months that allow revealing clothing and tans, and practically no reason to wear a bikini or swim trunks.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:15 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
Not to mention that we only have so many months that allow revealing clothing and tans, and practically no reason to wear a bikini or swim trunks.
^ This. While I love our city dearly the perpetual gray skies in the winter make me very depressed. When I'm feeling blue I don't really care much about how I look, and I'm presuming others feel the same way.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:47 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,222,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
I'm not trying to offend anyone, but why are there so few attractive women in southwestern PA? It's always seemed to me that, around here, if a woman isn't obese and isn't particularly offensive to the eyes, then she's considered to be "hot". I guess there's even a term for it: "Pittsburgh hot".

There just has always seemed to me to be a disproportionate amount of rather "rough around the edges" chicks in this area. Don't get me wrong, I don't think every woman in Pittsburgh is a pig. I've seen a few 8's here and there. By and large however, there just aren't as many hot women here as there are in other cities I've been to, and I've always wondered why that is. Genetics? Something environmental? Abundance of tobacco use and/or drug & alcohol consumption (God knows there's plenty of both in this area)?
Granted, many more hot looking women around here back in the 90s-early 2000s. I always said they all left the burgh and went to California or Florida, as most of them I knew actually did that.

You can still find plenty of beauty on the South Side Fri & Sat nights, although most are in their 20s & 30s and are "trophy girls", looking for someone to keep them financially.
Just visit Diesel/Skybar or Exlir or any of the higher end clubs.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:38 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,833,523 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/penns...-women-pa.html
^ It's already been covered. WesternPA is a real boring place for women (I am one.) Marry and have kids and be a slop-cleaning servant the rest of you life, with a slobby and loutish husband: That's about it. Still a millworker/ working class + ethnic Old Country culture.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:23 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,880,096 times
You're just looking in the wrong places apparently mate

Old 08-26-2013, 06:22 AM

510 posts, read 905,350 times
Who are you people and what are you talking about?
I am sorry but this is one of the worst threads ever.
It's not even worth the effort to compose an intelligent response.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:22 AM

458 posts, read 656,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post

I've always said Pittsburgh women are some of the toughest men you'll ever meet.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 AM

674 posts, read 1,412,385 times
So, OP, let's see a photo (full length, of course) of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh