Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2006, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,680 times

Advertisements

So, Ive been reading about Pitt. Seems like a mixed bag. First what neighborhood would be good for a 30 something grad school-prefer some kind of small yard. AND is the weather THAT bad?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2006, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 10,693 times
I've lived in PGH all my live and just now getting ready to move. There are some gray days here in PGH, but I really don't think it's THAT bad. Of course, it depends on where your are moving from.

As far as places to live, I mainly lived around the airport area (Moon Twp) - which is a nice area. It's a nice suburb, but traffic into town can really be a pain during rush hour. I've also live in the South Hills area for a few years and liked the convenience of getting into town. That part of town has a Light Rail Transit system which makes getting to and from town really easy.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:44 AM

12 posts, read 53,369 times
If your coming for grad school, I assume Pitt. You'll want to be close to public transportation. I'd say Greenfield. There was an article recently in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette newspaper how that area was the place for young people.

I've been there and have friends that live there. It's nice.

But if you wanto buy a house in Brighton Heights, mine is for sale. I have to move for my husband's job to West Virginia.

Anyone can write negative comments about the place they live. They are disgruntled about something. I didn't grow up in Pittsburgh, but have lived here for 25 years. I am sad to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: