Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 06:06 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,443,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dwolf View Post
Pssst. he's working at UPMC Mercy on Locust, not UPMC South hills in Behthel. Bridgeville might be within the hour commute, but I have no idea how long it takes to get through 376 at peak usage.

I'll agree with others that have suggested northerly areas. The schools are all fine, though I can't speak to their aptitude at dealing with special needs kids. Pine Richland is the exception it seems. They're broke. I realize that OP said the thing he was softest on was the commute, but If most of that acceptable hour drive was sucked up by green tree hill, I'd be frustrated. North has the best commute into city center.

I guess I missed that, was it due to the 10 million dollar football stadium they built?

http://www.usbuildersreview.com/arti...nal-excellence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 01:00 PM

31 posts, read 36,743 times
RetiredCoach (I think) and Hopes (I'm fairly certain) posted extensively on this topic in one of the many "I want to move to Pittsburgh" threads, I want to say about 4 to 6 months ago. I believe it was a sub section of a larger thread in which someone with a japanese-ish handle was asking about home builders, or some such. I could be crossing threads though. I'll dig around a bit and see what I can find.

Edit: I was wrong about the thread, but it was in May. Here's Hopes' wall-o-links regarding Pine Richland, their boondoggle, and associated financial woes.:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/28935457-post52.html

Last edited by r3dwolf; 09-18-2013 at 01:15 PM..

Old 09-18-2013, 03:52 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,022,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dwolf View Post
RetiredCoach (I think) and Hopes (I'm fairly certain) posted extensively on this topic in one of the many "I want to move to Pittsburgh" threads, I want to say about 4 to 6 months ago. I believe it was a sub section of a larger thread in which someone with a japanese-ish handle was asking about home builders, or some such. I could be crossing threads though. I'll dig around a bit and see what I can find.

Edit: I was wrong about the thread, but it was in May. Here's Hopes' wall-o-links regarding Pine Richland, their boondoggle, and associated financial woes.:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/28935457-post52.html
Over the years, through family, coaches/teachers, and friends, I have been provided with some keen insights pertaining to the Pine-School District. One thing that I can say for certain is that that the school district is not anywhere near close to being broke. Despite poor fiscal mismanagement and apparent administrative ineptitude, P-R is still one of the fastest growing communities in Allegheny County. As long as the school board in this district can raise taxes at will, this district will spend ad infinitum without regard to cost.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:16 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,443,200 times
I live near the PR high school and see that stadium all the time. Go further on the Red Belt and you see that windmill that the twp paid for, never worked 1 day. It would be nice to have a job without any accountability, oh wait, you have to work for the government.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:21 PM

31 posts, read 36,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredcoach View Post
Over the years, through family, coaches/teachers, and friends, I have been provided with some keen insights pertaining to the Pine-School District. One thing that I can say for certain is that that the school district is not anywhere near close to being broke. Despite poor fiscal mismanagement and apparent administrative ineptitude, P-R is still one of the fastest growing communities in Allegheny County. As long as the school board in this district can raise taxes at will, this district will spend ad infinitum without regard to cost.
Ah, okay. Broke was the wrong word then. Financially terrifying, perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh