Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 06:16 PM

458 posts, read 656,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selltheburgh View Post
Bummer that 2 successful restaurants left the East End this year. Shows how hard it is to run a restaurant even if you live close and do it right.

My hope is that someone will take up these great spaces and pick up where he left off. We were in East Liberty last night, and hadn't been there in a while, and the area around Highland really is flourishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 06:31 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,578,094 times
He owns the building on S Higland. Pretty they were leasing Alma.

I spent a few weeks in Costa Rica and I could see spending a year or ten there. Good for them.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:15 PM

814 posts, read 1,149,650 times
It's a shame that the tenants in that building at the corner of Forbes & Braddock just can't seem to stick ever since Junction Pharmacy bit the dust (may it rest in peace).

Old 11-18-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that412 View Post
It's a shame that the tenants in that building at the corner of Forbes & Braddock just can't seem to stick ever since Junction Pharmacy bit the dust (may it rest in peace).
Alma really isn't a situation where it "wouldn't stick", because he was reeling in the business at that place. I hope someone picks it up. My wife is hoping for an Itallian restaurant to take it's place.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPANative View Post
Alma really isn't a situation where it "wouldn't stick", because he was reeling in the business at that place. I hope someone picks it up. My wife is hoping for an Itallian restaurant to take it's place.
Right, I wasn't implying that it was Alma's fault, just that it's unfortunate that for whatever various reasons, that building hasn't really been able to attract and keep an anchor tenant. I fear for the pizza shop, too - it never seems to be doing great business, the food isn't very good, and the last time I checked, they aren't even open on Sunday, which seems like a bizarre decision.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Right, I wasn't implying that it was Alma's fault, just that it's unfortunate that for whatever various reasons, that building hasn't really been able to attract and keep an anchor tenant. I fear for the pizza shop, too - it never seems to be doing great business, the food isn't very good, and the last time I checked, they aren't even open on Sunday, which seems like a bizarre decision.
They are open on Sunday's, that was my big complaint at first too. I remember wanting pizza on Superbowl Sunday and they weren't open, but that changed in the spring.

I'm surprised you don't like the pizza, I mean, pizza shops are a dime a dozen, and there certainly are better (nothing better than Joio's in Greensburg), but I really like it.

Another nice change, but probably only for the fall, Dunnings is open from 1-8 on Sundays.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPANative View Post
They are open on Sunday's, that was my big complaint at first too. I remember wanting pizza on Superbowl Sunday and they weren't open, but that changed in the spring.

I'm surprised you don't like the pizza, I mean, pizza shops are a dime a dozen, and there certainly are better (nothing better than Joio's in Greensburg), but I really like it.
Glad they've fixed the Sunday problem, that was a terrible oversight on their part. As for the quality, I'll take your word for it, I moved out of Regent Square barely a couple of months after the place opened, so I only tried it a couple of times. Just didn't do it for me (though the ice cream was still pretty good).

Quote:
Another nice change, but probably only for the fall, Dunnings is open from 1-8 on Sundays.
It's about time!

Old 11-19-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Glad they've fixed the Sunday problem, that was a terrible oversight on their part. As for the quality, I'll take your word for it, I moved out of Regent Square barely a couple of months after the place opened, so I only tried it a couple of times. Just didn't do it for me (though the ice cream was still pretty good).

It's about time!
In previous years, Dunnings has only carried those hours through the fall, so we will see

Old 03-14-2014, 05:39 PM

45 posts, read 74,746 times
Drove by today and saw someone hanging a sign - Mediterranean restaurant coming soon. Hope it's good!

Old 03-14-2014, 05:42 PM

1,334 posts, read 1,806,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3days3ways View Post
Drove by today and saw someone hanging a sign - Mediterranean restaurant coming soon. Hope it's good!
Turkish, according to this article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh