Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 10:34 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,645,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Theraflu, Bud Ice and Income Tax, no kidding , all heroin, all possibly laced with fentanyl.

Stamp bags with those names have been found at the scenes of the recent rash of ODs.

The writing on this is goofy in some places but will give you a little background:

The Art of Heroin Bags | VICE United States
I learn something new everyday. You're a wealth of information, Greg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 10:51 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,543,247 times
I should have posted a story about the local ODs:

Allegheny Co. Trying to Prevent Further Heroin Overdoses After Rash of Deaths | 90.5 WESA

Although I think it's not just local, that there has been recent issue with the fentanyl in other areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I learn something new everyday. You're a wealth of information, Greg.
If you listen to that radio station or just read their articles online you'll know many of the same things. And without the BS that comes with the TV policefiresportsweather show.

The vice.com link above, just googled stamp bag. It was on the first page. I certainly can't claim any direct knowledge.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:21 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,645,904 times
I wasn't implying you have direct knowledge.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:41 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,446,660 times
Looks like they picked up someone in Zelie. Doesn't make sense to me to sell lethal heroin, eventually, you lose all your customers.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:51 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,543,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Doesn't make sense to me to sell lethal heroin, eventually, you lose all your customers.
No kidding! Either someone didn't know what the hell they were doing, or someone wanted to kill a lot of junkies....

Anyway, this woman they picked up in Zelie is hardly the supplier. A low-level dealer maybe Zelienople woman charged with selling lethal brand of heroin - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette But given that someone OD'd AT HER PLACE, it sounds like she might be using too. Higher up the chain I don't think it's really likely you'll find the dealers using. The woman in that piece I linked earlier about the stamp bags said most of the dealers don't use, but then that was in NYC and vicinity.

Plus they might be adding a new brand name to the list, Magic City.

For once this is a police story that really belongs in the news. Of course, I can see a whole lotta people going "Ah, junkies dying, who gives a ..." so maybe not....

Old 01-29-2014, 03:22 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,895,327 times
i prefer to stream my local fox from DC online than watch the news locally here. i mean ill watch it, but it feels so... 1970s in terms of how they present information and the lack of content. i mean even their websites look like some high school kid did it for them on the cheap.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:36 AM

4,176 posts, read 2,917,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Looks like they picked up someone in Zelie. Doesn't make sense to me to sell lethal heroin, eventually, you lose all your customers.
Potentially lethal heroin becomes popular with junkies and will sell faster at a higher price. The objective is to get as high as possible for as long as possible. Addicts will search for the leathal bags and simply dilute it prior to use. The ODs actually create more demand. For every death there are many satisfied customers. China white was popular in the 90s and the deaths only increased its popularity.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:41 AM

4,176 posts, read 2,917,990 times
I get my news from

Post Gazette

WPXI

The Pittsburgh Courier

POP City Media

The streets - the most accurate source of news.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:15 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,809,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
i prefer to stream my local fox from DC online than watch the news locally here. i mean ill watch it, but it feels so... 1970s in terms of how they present information and the lack of content. i mean even their websites look like some high school kid did it for them on the cheap.
Is there any topic you can't troll?

Old 01-30-2014, 11:30 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,895,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
Is there any topic you can't troll?

they asked i answered. i actually do both really. when im waking up, i usually have it on kdka i think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh