Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 05:31 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Jeez, give the guy some time.

Modest changes are all that are prudent anyhow.

The Democratic Party is in as firm of control of the city as it was before. All of the same underlings are still doing the same jobs, expecting a new mayor to "change everything" is ridiculous.

Especially since Mr. Peduto's predecessor did a pretty good job at addressing and getting under control the city's biggest problem, the huge pension debt. The credit rating was raised under Ravenstahl.

People might not have liked Ravenstahl's style, but mayors should be judged on results, and on that, he wasn't half bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 05:54 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,698,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steindle View Post
No, that was our last one.
Ha! I tried to give you some rep but I seem to love your posts too much.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:05 PM

1,010 posts, read 1,394,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
The amount of anger in this thread about a two month old mayor is ridiculous.
So you are confident in the guy owing 83k in back taxes? How about the solicitor that lives in usc? The newly appointed bldg inspection chief meets zero of the job posting requirements. You think hiring an unqualified person for a public safety chief is a good thing?

These are huge misteps for a guy promoting change. It looks pretty disorganized so far.

I was a huge peduto supporter, but these appointments have me doubting. No way you can spin any of those as qualified, legit or deserving hires.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:02 AM

173 posts, read 309,679 times
I heard Peduto has already been talking with Google on being a part of their next Fiber expansion. Google announced 34 cities as candidates, but we could slip in as well if Peduto pushes.

I would love it.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,085,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRefugee View Post
Pittsburgh will forevermore be seen as the murky clogged toilet of American cities.
Hahaha oh man I needed a laugh this morning, thanks!

Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRefugee View Post
We've given Peduto one month and Pittsburgh has yet to be seen as a rival to London, Tokyo, and New York as a global city. We can only conclude that his term has been an utter and complete failure and that Pittsburgh will forevermore be seen as the murky clogged toilet of American cities. That's it, I'm moving to Zanesville!
I missed this post. Too funny! Do you mind if I use your "murky clogged toilet"? That is GREAT!

Old 03-10-2014, 05:19 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I missed this post. Too funny! Do you mind if I use your "murky clogged toilet"? That is GREAT!
A poster or two here will probably miss the sarcasm of that post also.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:51 PM

758 posts, read 1,227,453 times
I think Peduto choosing a guy who owed back-taxes to hold a city finance job who was LOCAL when given funds to do a NATIONAL search for the best candidate, shows the small-mindedness Pittsburgh mentality in effect..So he is still status quo.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:45 PM

1,010 posts, read 1,394,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
I think Peduto choosing a guy who owed back-taxes to hold a city finance job who was LOCAL when given funds to do a NATIONAL search for the best candidate, shows the small-mindedness Pittsburgh mentality in effect..So he is still status quo.
Where is all of this money going to come from? I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto proposes $16M for schools to boost population | TribLIVE

Old 03-13-2014, 07:26 AM

632 posts, read 853,610 times
After one month, he's barely had time to deal with anything except blizzards and potholes.
I was not a supporter, but I say be fair and give the guy a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh