Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 12:19 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,358,013 times

Advertisements

MOst of the seats are good, but I'm strange in that my personal favorite seats are on the top level--right under the press box, section 316 or so. You get the best view of the whole field (and course the best view of the city).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 01:08 AM

876 posts, read 1,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
MOst of the seats are good, but I'm strange in that my personal favorite seats are on the top level--right under the press box, section 316 or so. You get the best view of the whole field (and course the best view of the city).
Agreed. My 20 game package is in 317 and the view of downtown is unmatched, as is the panoramic sweep of the stadium. Plus it offers surprisingly astute perspective on the width of the strike zone, how hard fly balls are hit off the bat, and clear lines of sight to all points on the field.

It might be bit high up for someone going specifically for a "fan jam," but they're fantastic baseball seats.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:05 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
That's where my season tickets were for years, right on the rail. Always cracked me up that I was paying 13 bucks a seat and five feet below me the price shot up to almost a hundred. It was a great seat to see the boats going by and the skyline.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:08 AM

632 posts, read 853,042 times
I can't say that I've ever sat in a bad seat in PNC Park.
Was not a fan of the All-You-Can-Eat section though.
Primarily because the rows dead-end into a concrete wall.
So if you want to get up to get your next serving you are forced to
climb over 20 other patrons. (they knew what they were doing....)

Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,358,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Burgher View Post
Was not a fan of the All-You-Can-Eat section though.
Primarily because the rows dead-end into a concrete wall.
So if you want to get up to get your next serving you are forced to
climb over 20 other patrons. (they knew what they were doing....)
The all-you-can-eat is a fairly bad deal in general.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 AM

632 posts, read 853,042 times
Yes, I agree. I can't continuously chug down hot dogs and such for nine innings
like I could when I was 20. A family member wanted to try them.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:39 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,186,159 times
I like the right field seats for their value (not the all you can eat seats). They afford a great point of view, making you feel like you are right on top of the action. Another bonus is that you don't have to deal with the sun as you would from left field. One drawback, you don't get the city view.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:59 PM

912 posts, read 1,731,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
Ok, thank you guys! I appreciate it! ) So what about Section 103 Row A. Are those good seats? I think they are 56 dollars, but my friends want front row, so I am just trying to find tickets that are front row. So what do you think of Section 103? Is it a good position seat? To see the game and concert? Thanks everyone for commenting!
103 is an ok section. It's a little too far in the outfield for my tastes, and since it's on the first base/right field side of the stadium, you won't have any views of the skyline.

Also note that Row A of section 103 is not the first row of the stadium. Sections 1-32 are actually the seats closest to the field. Sections 1-4 & 29-32 are the Baseline Boxes, in the outfield and the furthest from home plate. Sections 5-8 & 25-28 are Field Level Boxes in shallow right and left fields, starting just past first and third base. Sections 9-13 & 20-24 are Dugout Boxes, right behind the dugouts along the first and third base line. Sections 14-19 are the Lexus Club, right behind home plate with all you can eat food, a private clubhouse and a separate entrance into the stadium. These usually go for $200+ a ticket on Stubhub.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:48 AM

912 posts, read 1,731,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Burgher View Post
I used to say there isn't a bad seat in PNC Park. Then I sat in the Deck as part of a group outing. For those unfamiliar, the deck is the tiny strip of seats directly underneath the scoreboard in left field. It's reserved for groups that want to have a buffet-style outing as there's space behind the seats for food, a bar and tables. While I enjoy free food and beer as much as the next guy, those seats are horrible. You are really high above the bleachers and so far from home plate. Plus, you can't see the score board.

I only sat there once, but as soon as we were done eating we moved to the third-base side of the upper deck.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:47 AM

814 posts, read 1,149,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
That's where my season tickets were for years, right on the rail. Always cracked me up that I was paying 13 bucks a seat and five feet below me the price shot up to almost a hundred. It was a great seat to see the boats going by and the skyline.
My seats are at the very front of 318, and the proximity to the club level, considering the respective prices of both, is a constant source of amusement for me, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh