Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 08:18 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,944,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
I can confirm that Lotus has them, $2.49 for a plastic container, maybe 40 leaves? They are in the freezer case at the back, labelled "Lime Leaves".
(regarding sskink's search for kaffir lime leaves here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/36700142-post219.html)
Good to know. Never would've thought to look in the freezer case. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 08:57 AM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,692,150 times
Vibrant. Walkable. Thriving. Dense. Urban.

Sorry - haven't seen those words in 4 or 5 posts now on CD, so wanted to get them in here.

While we are on the topic, does anybody know where I can find a zero-crime Pittsburgh neighborhood that is really cheap, perfect for kids, loaded with nightlife and culture, ten minutes walk from my work or less, full of beautiful parks, and close to mass transit? Also I would like it to be in a top 5 school district, have low taxes, not much traffic, friendly to bikes, and all of the people are attractive.

Thanks in advance..

Old 10-17-2014, 09:05 AM

12,528 posts, read 17,441,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post

Sorry - haven't seen those words in 4 or 5 posts now on CD, so wanted to get them in here.

While we are on the topic, does anybody know where I can find a zero-crime Pittsburgh neighborhood that is really cheap, perfect for kids, loaded with nightlife and culture, ten minutes walk from my work or less, full of beautiful parks, and close to mass transit? Also I would like it to be in a top 5 school district, have low taxes, not much traffic, friendly to bikes, and all of the people are attractive.

Thanks in advance..
You forgot to mention diversity, ya gotta have that. And no SUVs. Has to have sidewalks.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post

Thanks in advance..
Well, let's start with the fact that mass transit is a waste of taxpayer money. And Allegheny County taxes are already ridiculously high anyway.

So once you take that into account, the answer is obvious: Cranberry.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:23 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,073,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Good to know. Never would've thought to look in the freezer case. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
You forgot to mention diversity, ya gotta have that. And no SUVs. Has to have sidewalks.
And cute, quirky but cheap shopping. And Wegman's.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:25 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,525,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Well, let's start with the fact that mass transit is a waste of taxpayer money.
Downtown and Oakland would be completely unable to function without mass transit. There isn't enough roads and parking to handle the additional traffic and the cost of building the additional infrastructure to do that would be far higher than mass transit.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:25 AM

12,528 posts, read 17,441,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
And cute, quirky but cheap shopping. And Wegman's.

How could I possibly have forgotten Wegman's? I was at one last weekend, it was nirvana. If they would only open one in Soulless Cranberry I would move there in a heartbeat.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:40 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,155,333 times
Don't forget that the housing prices here have gotten so high you might have to take out a mortgage to buy one!

Old 10-17-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Downtown and Oakland would be completely unable to function without mass transit. There isn't enough roads and parking to handle the additional traffic and the cost of building the additional infrastructure to do that would be far higher than mass transit.
I see your sarcasm detector is switched off this morning.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:26 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,231,597 times
Sheena Easton is playing with the PSO this weekend. Sheena bleeping Easton!!! how potentially radically bad could that be? I think I want to go and drink heavily .. anyone in??? And SCR, I'm not a hipster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh