Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 06:52 PM

876 posts, read 1,144,339 times

Advertisements

Well... we gave 'em all we had.

T-minus 371 days 'til the CONCACAF Gold Cup. What bars should we go to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 07:23 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,880,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
I guess you never heard of the freedom fries then?
Oh, I've heard of them, you're comment just made zero sense in relation to a futbol game against Belgium or whatever the reference to yinzers was about

Old 07-01-2014, 07:29 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,736,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Oh, I've heard of them, you're comment just made zero sense in relation to a futbol game against Belgium or whatever the reference to yinzers was about
He was just trying to make a "Pittsburghers are hicks" joke, trite as they are.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:01 PM

876 posts, read 1,144,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I think it was just a "Pittsburghers eat fries on everything" joke, played-out as they are.

After today, Tim Howard can have ALL THE FRIES on everything, for the rest of his life, for free.

What was the best bar food everyone has had while watching the World Cup? My vote is for the onion rings at Ryan's Pub, although my vegetarian ass is NOT about to ask what they were fried in.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:34 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,914 times
if Belgium had lost, id say it would be one of the biggest upsets in WC history, imo.

to my nfl friends who don't get why I say this, I simply said: "Belgium was to the US as to seahawks was th the broncos in the super bowl". Belgium should've won it 6-0 flatout by how they simply dominated from the first whistle to the last.

oh well, maybe now jurgen can spend the next 4 years teaching the next us team how to properly pass and play offense in a sport that defense doesn't win you a WC.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:35 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post

he said freedom beer, so I just went along with freedom fries, remembering how a while back they renamed French fries to freedom fries is all.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:42 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboPGH View Post
I think it was just a "Pittsburghers eat fries on everything" joke, played-out as they are.

After today, Tim Howard can have ALL THE FRIES on everything, for the rest of his life, for free.

What was the best bar food everyone has had while watching the World Cup? My vote is for the onion rings at Ryan's Pub, although my vegetarian ass is NOT about to ask what they were fried in.
Tim Howard was amazing. So close ... that set play free kick at the end was very smart and would've been a great goal. The FBI would've had to investigate if the US had won, but they put up a good show over all.

And Barq, you need to get together with SCR and get all your collective 'yinzer' barbs out of your systems. It's funny that those who harp on about others making assumptions about them due to their appearance are the ones who are most active is making derogatory comments about the locals.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:46 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,880,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
Tim Howard was amazing. So close ... that set play free kick at the end was very smart and would've been a great goal. The FBI would've had to investigate if the US had won, but they put up a good show over all.
Too bad it wasn't a contract year for Howard so he could cash in a bit more from his amazing play

Old 07-02-2014, 05:58 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,905,967 times
we should have won it at 92.5 minute

Old 07-02-2014, 09:41 AM

510 posts, read 905,480 times
So who is everyone rooting for now the the U.S. is out? I cannot root for Germany or Argentina. Brazil has won too many times already. I am still bitter that FARC issues in Columbia forced me to leave there in 1995. I am curious about where other loyalties are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh