Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:51 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,893,618 times

Advertisements

Foot patrol on Brookline Blvd yesterday afternoon...it was a great sight....looked right out of Mayberry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 03:07 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,683,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I was referring to the recent shooting in the Strip where five people were shot. The "community" is not protecting the murderers, they are protecting themselves. The fear of retaliation is what keeps the "community" silent. Nevermind the media hyped " do not snitch" code. Don't believe the hype SCR.
Duquesne tense in wake of shooting of young witness - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

ETA: I now see that this incident was referenced on page 3 of the thread. Sorry for being redundant.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:40 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,917,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
Duquesne tense in wake of shooting of young witness - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

ETA: I now see that this incident was referenced on page 3 of the thread. Sorry for being redundant.
The perpetrators in this incident will be caught eventually. Small steel towns where everybody knows everybody have residents that talk. His family will get justice. This should be a death penalty case.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:07 AM

1,901 posts, read 4,355,724 times
Woman wounded during Homewood gun battle; boy, 16, shot Downtown | TribLIVE Mobile
On one of the worst blocks, on one of Homewood's roughest streets an innocent woman shot - caught in the crossfire of a gang drive by shoot-out. Same time a 16year old boy was shot Downtown.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:37 AM

1,860 posts, read 2,564,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown kid View Post
Woman wounded during Homewood gun battle; boy, 16, shot Downtown | TribLIVE Mobile
On one of the worst blocks, on one of Homewood's roughest streets an innocent woman shot - caught in the crossfire of a gang drive by shoot-out. Same time a 16year old boy was shot Downtown.
I know nothing about her or this story except what is in the link you posted above. The guy she was driving around was targeted. It isn't like she was planting flowers or taking out her trash and 2 cars got into it with one another shooting her in crossfire. Her male passenger was targeted and also had a gun and shot at the other vehicle. Then he ran. Just saying.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:58 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,203,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown kid View Post

As far as the gangsters who get shot, I feel for their families. But the gangsters themselves, well that is the life they chose to paraphrase the Hyman Roth character from the Godfather film.

Its another question altogether when innocent bystanders take a bullet. This kind of thing really needs cracked down on.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:16 AM

387 posts, read 404,886 times
As the saying goes, you deal in vice you pay the price. I often wonder what would happen if the city brought in a specialized task force from a larger city that's used to dealing with a high homicide rate to clean things up. It seems as if a large amount of the cops here grew up outside the city or in safer neighborhoods and aren't equipped to deal with what they're encountering on a day to day basis.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selltheburgh View Post
I know nothing about her or this story except what is in the link you posted above. The guy she was driving around was targeted. It isn't like she was planting flowers or taking out her trash and 2 cars got into it with one another shooting her in crossfire. Her male passenger was targeted and also had a gun and shot at the other vehicle. Then he ran. Just saying.
At the time I read this article it wasn't clarified that the man ran out of her car and was the target. I thought it was two shooting cars and this lone woman was shot in her car; however now that at least the incident is clarified yes I do see your point/agree with you.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:47 PM

461 posts, read 745,186 times
The PG had an excellent article about this tragedy today: Mother recounts the shooting death of her 15-year-old son - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette they discuss how social media really fanned the flames. As for his mother, I'd like to shake her hand. What an incredible woman, she taught her child to tell the truth. I could not bear to watch the video because reading the story was almost too emotional.

I hope that the shooter is brought to swift and very, very harsh judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
The perpetrators in this incident will be caught eventually. Small steel towns where everybody knows everybody have residents that talk. His family will get justice. This should be a death penalty case.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:08 PM

Here's the thing. I have no clue but my educated guess is that the shooting is no more than three years older than the victem. So black male 14-17 is my guess. That being said can somebody that young get a life sentence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh