Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:12 PM

14,352 posts, read 17,015,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Leech Farm Road is in East Liberty, Monroeville, Plum, Penn Hills, Churchill are all pretty convenient and none would require a tunnel commute to there.
It's actually in Lincoln-Lemington-Belmar, but close enough.

What about Stanton Heights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 09:21 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,716,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
An African man bought a house in Lincoln Place and had it burned down before he could move in. There's also been a local tradition of cross-burning which has happened as recently as last year.
Google says that the "cross burning" thing is a Devil's Night tradition that has been going on for decades with no racial implications. I think people are looking for racism where it doesn't exist.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:23 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,047 times
Quote:
It's actually in Lincoln-Lemington-Belmar, but close enough.

What about Stanton Heights?
I ride my bike up and down that hill every week, and more and more think it looks like a super desirable place to live. Quiet but close to lots of fine places and def diverse. Even the potholes are different depths.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:34 PM

6 posts, read 7,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
I ride my bike up and down that hill every week, and more and more think it looks like a super desirable place to live. Quiet but close to lots of fine places and def diverse. Even the potholes are different depths.
LOL, that really made me laugh!

Old 08-12-2014, 10:07 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,389,850 times
Swisshelm park or forest hills are nice areas to look in, but if it was my choice i would be in churchill.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,955,580 times
Quote:
An African man bought a house in Lincoln Place and had it burned down before he could move in. There's also been a local tradition of cross-burning which has happened as recently as last year.
I graduated from Taylor Allderdice and my first racist experience was from kids from Lincoln Place. The anti semetic comments were unnerving. Most didnt have the guts to express their anti black sentiments but it was obvious. Brentwood was and probably still is racist. Carrick not so much anymore due to the demographic shift.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:16 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,255,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I graduated from Taylor Allderdice and my first racist experience was from kids from Lincoln Place. .

That was a quarter century ago, and all of those "kids" are now middle aged adults, whose attitudes may have shifted and regardless, its unlikely that most are even still living in Lincoln Place.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:40 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,716,841 times
I lived near Brentwood for the majority of my life. wpipkins probably drove through it twice and read a 20 year old article and decided it's racist. It's not.

This forum has a tendency to paint Pittsburgh as progressive and cosmopolitan but still loves to paint certain areas in a bad light that they know nothing about to cater to their persecution complex.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:09 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,652,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommydupree View Post
Hi unit is on Leech Farm Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15206. Not sure what area that is.
With two kids, selecting a school district would be my number one criteria. My second criteria would be commuting time. Lincoln-Lemington is in the Pittsburgh City School District. Obama Academy on N. Highland Ave is the closest Pittsburgh school to that area and includes grades 6-12.

Lincoln-Lemington is very close to several other school districts along the Allegheny River. Fox Chapel school district, one of the top districts in the state, includes Aspinwall, which is across the Highland Park Bridge. Shaler SD borders Fox Chapel SD on the west. Penn Hills and Riverview are nearby on the other side of the river.

I would start with these districts and see which district best suits your kids. There is no reason to look at houses in places like North Strabane, which would be over an hour commute in the best of conditions.

The Great Schools website has a school district boundary map that lets you see where each school district is. See School and District Boundaries Map | GreatSchools, pa

Old 08-13-2014, 07:10 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,092,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
That was a quarter century ago, and all of those "kids" are now middle aged adults, whose attitudes may have shifted and regardless, its unlikely that most are even still living in Lincoln Place.
I know two people who were born and live in Lincoln Place, and their attitudes have not shifted. The things I have heard from their respective mouths. I cringed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh