Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 11:08 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Keep in mind, erieguy knows I have him on ignore. He is always running around attacking me and not discussing subject matter, so it is what it is.

Glad you see it the way I do. I made a mistake in not including a poll, because then people could respond to such a subject without writing, but it is too late for that, I guess.
I'll help you out since you can't see his response.
Besides, on a day like yesterday, I would have thought you would have been riding your bike and bitching about pick ups and not adding to global warming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Agreed...and I would bet it wasn't the case. Some are known to highly exaggerate a situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 11:14 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times
There's the possibility the police called in the license plate number and were following the bikes until they heard back over the radio. Maybe they didn't get word back until after the bikers took the ramp, and they needed to turn around because they learned a warrant was out on one of them.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:17 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,967,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
When did this happen? With the recent death of Cpl. Bryon Dickson and injury to Trooper Alex Douglass in the Poconos area, I'm sure officers are agitated and generally angry at those they see as a criminal element. Condolences to the Dickson family. RIP Bryon

Without video don't expect the authorities to do anything about the incident you speak of. Next time have your front and rear dash cam recording.
It happened yesterday. I didn't hear about Cpl. Dickson and officer Douglass. Thanks for that information. It is possible that played a part in all this because it would no doubt have an effect on the mindset, but I don't feel it can be an excuse for those maneuvers. I have seen lots of Pagans in the area of Uniontown since I visit that area often and never saw this type of thing, but didn't know if it happens all the time or not?

I have been thinking of getting a cam. Many bicyclists use them for recording aggressive drivers. Heck, there has even been tickets given out due to video. I am not sure if the police would care about the video if I had recorded it or not? Probably not the best time to submit something like that since the police just lost one of their own. To be honest, I wouldn't want to be in the middle of the police and Pagans. Probably not the best place to be, but as a citizen, I would like to be driving on roads as safe as they can be and I don't feel the pros (police), should make the roads more dangerous. They are dangerous enough as it is. Just look at the crazy statistics of motor vehicle deaths each year in our state alone. I don't like to think about it.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'll help you out since you can't see his response.
Besides, on a day like yesterday, I would have thought you would have been riding your bike and bitching about pick ups and not adding to global warming.
1. His responses are always the same, so it doesn't matter.
2. I work weekends and was headed to a job site. I am not riding a bike to near Maryland, but thanks.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
2. I work weekends and was headed to a job site. I am not riding a bike to near Maryland, but thanks.
And, yes I'm in MD. Now. You don't pay attention that I'm from PA and still spend a fair amount of time in the Commonwealth.

Of course, when I go up I'm usually driving one of my F150s so I can pollute your air a bit more. I wish I had an Audi so I could brag about what a good driver I am, though.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:56 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,916,613 times
What is a Pagan? Do they hang out at fern bars? All kidding aside, are they a motorcycle gang?

Old 09-14-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
What is a Pagan? Do they hang out at fern bars? All kidding aside, are they a motorcycle gang?
Oh my.

Behind the Hell's Angels one of the more notorious of the motorcycle clubs. They were originally from MD.

Not a bad synopsis:

Pagan's Motorcycle Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-14-2014, 12:01 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,916,613 times
Interesting, never even heard of them before. Paganism, yes, Pagans, nope, never.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:10 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
My responses are based on fact and truth. I'm sorry both are bothersome.

I'm sure that taking a bus is an option rather than driving ones self.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
Interesting, never even heard of them before. Paganism, yes, Pagans, nope, never.
Wow, only the biggest motorcycle gang in PA. They crushed the Hell's Angels in Philly and drove the OUT and the Hell's Angeles never came back. No motorcycle gang messes with the Pagans. They are in a different league, BUT I am not sure about now. Times have changed with RICO.

I was hoping Aqua, Uptown and wpipkins2 would chime in. Guess erieguy trolled enough to destroy the thread. The ultimate troll, but he must have connections to just go around doing the same thing over and over.

Interestingly, I mentioned this to a black friend of mine and he had an interesting comment. He said, I would much rather meet a bunch of Pagans late at night in a dark alley than a bunch of cops. He said the Pagans don't care about him and would just leave him alone. What an interesting comment. He is a very smart black man that I really enjoy discussing issues with. Ah well, I guess not many know who the Pagans are. I have been in this region a long time and hang around all types of people, so I am not bored to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh