Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 10:54 AM

2,576 posts, read 3,093,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
Hopefully get to check these out next week when I have more Aussie visitors who want a bike tour of microbreweries. These two were closed last week 'coz it was a Wednesday. I've sampled beers from both at the IBC with the squirrels and seemed to remember liking them (!), so looking forward to pedaling up the bike path from Penn Brewery. It's almost too easy

And I agree re: North Country, we had lunch there a while back and their beer was excellent. I'm also a Hopbrauhaus fan - their beer is pretty good and food borders on authentic, and is certainly tasty.
HoFbrau! My experience of German food is that it isn't THAT salty! Though maybe at Wiesn it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 11:48 AM

618 posts, read 692,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
HoFbrau! My experience of German food is that it isn't THAT salty! Though maybe at Wiesn it is.
Agree- the food is good but my last salt hangover there lasted through the next day. I guess it takes a lot of preserving salts to get some of it over the ocean.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:20 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,719,253 times
I would enjoy Hofbrauhaus much more if it wasn't a nonstop bro-fest.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:53 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
I haven't been there in a while, but one time I heard a table of bros nearby ask the server, "which one of these beers is the most like Miller Light?"

Old 09-18-2014, 02:04 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,863 times
Quote:
I can imagine it gets crazy. I prefer it when there's no stoopid music too. Only way I can listen to that stuff for long is to get wayyyy drunk. We go early and move on before madness, I guess.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:35 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
Stop in on the way through for a growler to go, if you're ever up 79 for some reason.
North Country Brewing is open at The Harmony Inn, and plenty of tv's to watch the games. Place is great.

ShuBrew is also very good and only 10 mins from The Harmony Inn.

Last edited by erieguy; 09-18-2014 at 03:46 PM..

Old 09-18-2014, 07:54 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
I go out early and come home early at my age, so it is more of a mixed crowd. Also, I usually go out on weekdays, not weekends. Enjoy when they have the German band playing as well. I am due to go there soon. It has been a while and I do like some of their beers.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:59 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
I prefer it when there's no stoopid music too.
Goodness, don't you think we have enough sports bars in Pittsburgh? Is it okay to have one place that actually has some culture to enjoy. That is one thing I can't stand about Pittsburgh, it is all sports and if someone doesn't have the dumb game on it is complained about. It is a German place with the food, drink and music. Don't go if you want another sports bar. There are probably 100 of them within ten blocks of there for the meathead crowd.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Goodness, don't you think we have enough sports bars in Pittsburgh? Is it okay to have one place that actually has some culture to enjoy. That is one thing I can't stand about Pittsburgh, it is all sports and if someone doesn't have the dumb game on it is complained about. It is a German place with the food, drink and music. Don't go if you want another sports bar. There are probably 100 of them within ten blocks of there for the meathead crowd.
There really can't be enough sports bars.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:07 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Just a personal aversion to ooompah music, that's all. I've skied a lot in Austria and its great when you're stood at the bottom of the hill supping weissbier after a fine day of skiing, swaying and singing with the crazy locals. For 20 minutes anyway, it's funny .... then bring on the Europop!!! And I hate bagpipes too BTW ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh