Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 05:03 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,971,121 times

Advertisements

How can A. Martini Company be permitted to block off a major road to work on a building causing a massive traffic backup on the Parkway East Inbound every day? This has created a very hazardous condition on the Parkway. If there has not been an accident it is almost a miracle. They are working on a building not the road.

Route 885 Boulevard of the Allies Lane Closure begins Monday in Pittsburgh | Traffic - WTAE Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 05:26 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,524,759 times
There's probably a form or something.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:26 PM

255 posts, read 282,817 times
What do you want to happen? I see three scenarios:
1) Building is worked on with road closed
2) Building is allowed to fall apart and be abandoned
3) Building is worked on with road open, allowing a major safety hazard

Old 09-25-2014, 05:30 PM

255 posts, read 282,817 times
Look at how close these buildings are to the road.
The road must be closed because of safety issues.

Last edited by TechCom; 03-26-2018 at 02:56 PM..

Old 09-25-2014, 05:43 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,971,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCom View Post

Simple, do the work off hours so that thousands of people are not effected and even more important you don't put thousands of people at risk for a serious accident. There was an accident there today. Was it because of this hazardous situation?

Old 09-25-2014, 06:12 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,771,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCom View Post
This doesn't matter. There was a traffic issue! Enoughalready MUST get through regardless of any safety concerns! HE IS the only one that matters! There should never be any construction going on if people are inconvenienced in any way. Everyone is self important and no one else should matter!

Old 09-25-2014, 06:51 PM

146 posts, read 295,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Simple, do the work off hours so that thousands of people are not effected and even more important you don't put thousands of people at risk for a serious accident. There was an accident there today. Was it because of this hazardous situation?
What about the hazardous situation of not closing off the road?

Old 09-25-2014, 07:16 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,199,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
How can A. Martini Company be permitted to block off a major road to work on a building causing a massive traffic backup on the Parkway East Inbound every day? This has created a very hazardous condition on the Parkway. If there has not been an accident it is almost a miracle. They are working on a building not the road.

In the city, sometimes buildings are worked upon, and it fouls up traffic for a while.

I'm sure that downtown drivers don't care for the traffic headaches caused by the current PNC project on 5th and Wood either.

Basically, you just have to put up with it.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:50 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,262,075 times
It is what it is. I was unaware of this occurring in advance, and on Monday I was stuck in traffic there at lunch trying to deliver a corporate order from an Oakland restaurant to Duquesne University's campus. The delay was only about five minutes, but with how crushed we were (and typically are in our busy season) every minute counts. What can we do, though? I'd MUCH rather have to kiss some faculty derriere for their food being late by a few minutes rather than have the road OPEN while a construction crane collapses onto passing vehicles or something (see the Hotel Indigo project in East Liberty for an example).

We're in a rapidly resurgent city. Construction is ongoing on every other block. We need to become more patient. Pittsburgh didn't collapse overnight. It's not going to reinvent itself overnight either.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:24 PM

12,528 posts, read 17,439,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
It is what it is. I was unaware of this occurring in advance, and on Monday I was stuck in traffic there at lunch trying to deliver a corporate order from an Oakland restaurant to Duquesne University's campus. The delay was only about five minutes, but with how crushed we were (and typically are in our busy season) every minute counts. What can we do, though? I'd MUCH rather have to kiss some faculty derriere for their food being late by a few minutes rather than have the road OPEN while a construction crane collapses onto passing vehicles or something (see the Hotel Indigo project in East Liberty for an example).

We're in a rapidly resurgent city. Construction is ongoing on every other block. We need to become more patient. Pittsburgh didn't collapse overnight. It's not going to reinvent itself overnight either.

Never thought I'd see you write those words!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh