Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 06:30 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times

Advertisements

Let's not get carried away - yes, it was a memorable game (vs. the Colts, of course), but if you listen to morning radio, you'd think this erased all the miscues and ineptitude we've seen thus far.

In other words, I'm very cautiously optimistic.

Has anyone ever read about the 1974 season? They were something like 1-4 (I believe they were defending Super Bowl champions), and then finished 9-5 - with shutting out all but one or two of the last 8 opponents!

The most awesomest site for football stats freaks and historian nerds:
pro-football-reference.com

If they can SUSTAIN this level of play - the pass rush yesterday was the best I had seen from them in years, the offensive line hardly had you yelling "LOOK OUT! RUN! BEHIND YOU!" (not as much as usual, in my household), and blah blah blah....if they look 80% this good against Baltimore, then I'll be convinced that there are still possibilities to consider with this team. At this point, and sorry to be crassly curmudgeon-like, but I think it was just a great game by a team that had a great day.

PLUCK THE RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 02:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Pretty sure nobody's overly confident in the Stillers, yet. Most here would like to see them lose every game, Heinz Field be empty and the Bucs be the city's favorite son.

If Art and the staff continue to turn Ben loose there will be more showings like yesterday. If they go back to what they've tried to do the last 2+ seasons they'll be lucky to be mediocre.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:51 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,826,595 times
It's time for the personnel to embrace Todd Haley's offensive philosophy.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:05 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Pretty sure nobody's overly confident in the Stillers, yet. Most here would like to see them lose every game, Heinz Field be empty and the Bucs be the city's favorite son.

If Art and the staff continue to turn Ben loose there will be more showings like yesterday. If they go back to what they've tried to do the last 2+ seasons they'll be lucky to be mediocre.
Where do you get this bs from?

I dunno much about football but this team looks like one that can blow hot and cold. they were sure hot yesterday. Fingers crossed they are in next few games too - it was great to watch. I'd love to go on Sunday.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
It's time for the personnel to embrace Todd Haley's offensive philosophy.
Lol. Haley's philosophy is not to let Ben run the show...but if he wants to be employed next season he better start.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:19 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Give me what you're drinking, where are you getting that vibe? I'd like to see all 3 pro teams do well, I just prefer baseball over the other two.

You should listen to Madden today, it's all Ben, all the time. Some good stuff from the Super Genius.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
Where do you get this bs from?

I dunno much about football but this team looks like one that can blow hot and cold. they were sure hot yesterday. Fingers crossed they are in next few games too - it was great to watch. I'd love to go on Sunday.
This is mostly a pro Bucs forum with a decent amount of Pens fans with few Stiller/football fans.

That's evident and the offensive play calling yesterday was not the same play calling that's been called for the last 2+ years.

If you wanna go, buy tix. They're available on the secondary market.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Give me what you're drinking, where are you getting that vibe? I'd like to see all 3 pro teams do well, I just prefer baseball over the other two.

You should listen to Madden today, it's all Ben, all the time. Some good stuff from the Super Genius.
Many would like to see the Stillers lose.

It should be about Ben. When they turn him loose they win. Perhaps Art and the coaching staff have been watching past and present Bruce Arians called games.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-27-2014 at 03:41 PM..

Old 10-27-2014, 03:41 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,592,707 times
Isn't it awkward to make unsubstantiated assertions about people when you write them down where the people about whose opinions you are asserting can read it?

Old 10-27-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Isn't it awkward to make unsubstantiated assertions about people when you write them down where the people about whose opinions you are asserting can read it?
Speaking the truth isn't awkward. This is a Bucs forum. Stillers/Football has little popularity. Even when the Pens were in the playoffs there wasn't 1 thread or post about them. Not a big deal, it just is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh